Author Topic: Kymco super 8 150x tune up and questions  (Read 2036 times)

cdcoleman

• View Profile
Kymco super 8 150x tune up and questions
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
Hey how's it going  :) sorry for all the questions , I purchased a previously owned Kymco from a 2nd owner that didn't use it since the title transfer had an issue and he couldn't get a license on it. ( i have since found original owner and fixed title), had it for 2 weeks, it was stolen from my driveway in south Florida. It was recovered stashed at an abandoned house down the road a week later! The thieves had cut some wires I had them repaired and i'm back on the road!

My question is the first owner kept it in service great service then the 2nd owner didn't really drive it then it was sitting for a week. Even before it was stolen i realized when i first start to drive it feels jerky and even jumps when i take off. The other thing is when i'm at a higher speed but not full throttle I feel a pulsing vibration coming from the scooter, like its cycling through a vibration.

I called one place for a carburetor cleaning and they said they only do a carb replacement, is that normal? The other place i called said its 180 for a carburetor cleaning. I'm also curious if the carb even needs to be cleaned.

My scooter just hit 6k miles ( I believe its in miles i heard they can display in km but mileage is more realistic), I'll have to double check the papers i received showing what service was done to it, but regardless should i look at anything specific maintenance wise since 5k miles ?

Lastly I heard the 2 year warranty is owner transferable, does anyone have a link or a specific number to call to put the warranty under my name?

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Kymco super 8 150x tune up and questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:29:44 PM »
So many "could be's".  Try the simple stuff first . . adding around 3 tablespoons of Iso-Heet to the gas tank . . and inspecting the spark plug cap.

Somewhat pathetic that you can't comprehend YouTube GY6 videos on carb cleaning and valve adjustments!

cdcoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
So many "could be's".  Try the simple stuff first . . adding around 3 tablespoons of Iso-Heet to the gas tank . . and inspecting the spark plug cap.

Somewhat pathetic that you can't comprehend YouTube GY6 videos on carb cleaning and valve adjustments!

I notice it mentions anti freeze, im in florida and there isn't ever that cold of weather, is it still beneficial for the other benefits it states and anti-freeze would just be an added benefit

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
other benefits it states
Iso-Heet > Florida humidity > fuel tank and carb bowl bottom-stratified water condensate.

cdcoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »
Iso-Heet > Florida humidity > fuel tank and carb bowl bottom-stratified water condensate.

:-[ ;D awesome thanks tortoise ill pick some up, also how do i go about measuring how much to put in, do you prefer putting in after filling up or when low on gas put it in then do a fill up

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
Anti-freeze? ??? ??? ??? I believe the 150 is air cooled.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()