Author Topic: K pipe  (Read 3222 times)

blue

• View Profile
K pipe
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:43:49 PM »
Whent to the kymco dealer today.They just got there frist set of the k pipes in. Sweet little bike.Dang I wish I was younger.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: K pipe
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 05:39:45 PM »
They do look like a fun little ride.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

woodsrat

• View Profile
Re: K pipe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:45:57 PM »
I'm new to the forum and have owned a US-spec K-Pipe since last August.  I've been tinkering on the critter on and off in my spare time and so far I'm really happy with it.  It has a few warts but nothing that can't be fixed and I look forward to sharing ideas with you.

Anyway my first question to you is does anyone know if the 2017 (or later 2016) K-Pipes have had the shift pattern changed with a different shift drum (internally) or if they still come with linkage to turn the "international" pattern around?

The dealer I bought it from still has '16's in stock and apparently they were all early ones with the linkage to turn the pattern around.

As an experiment I took the linkage off, installed the heel/toe shift lever that originally came on the bike and found it shifted a LOT better.  For those who can remember which way to shift it (or road racers who are already used to this pattern) I highly recommend you give it a try.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()