Author Topic: 4 Quick Mods Transformed my Agility 50  (Read 7043 times)

latchboogie

• View Profile
4 Quick Mods Transformed my Agility 50
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »
I bought an agility 50 about a month ago. Stock, it had a hard time climbing hills, accelerated slowly, and was restricted to a max speed of 30 on the speedometer (25 MPH by radar/GPS).

With 4 quick mods, done 1 at a time, I've seen a complete transformation of the bike.

1. Unrestricted CDI - bought one on eBay as part of kit (CDI, smooth boss, variator weights, and bigger main jet for about $40). Quick plug and play installation. Immediately the engine revved higher and faster, presumably from a different fuel mapping curve. And with the max speed de-restricted, down hill max speeds reached about 40 on the speedometer.

2. Smooth Variator Boss - part of the same eBay kit. (Also bought an impact wrench and metric set of bits for about $80 total, in order to remove the nut on the variator.) This mod has a big impact when you are full throttle on a limb flat. Allowed me to hit 40-45 MPH on the speedometer on long flats.

At this point, the bike felt a lot faster, but acceleration was still slow and uphills were embarrassing. The bike would crawl up a hill, leaving me with cars honking at me and passing in frustration.

3. Dr Pulley 6.5g variator sliders - ($20 on Amazon) these were a quick swap from the stock weights. Immediately made the bike change speeds more responsively and with a smoother power band. Up hill went better because of faster entry speed from better low end acceleration.

4. 1500 RPM torque spring - ($9 on Amazon for a yellow spring) this required me to buy some additional tools like a 39mm driver. But made a huge impact on the bike. Revs much higher before clutch engages. This gives a big lift on torque off the line and completely fixed the uphill issue.

Now top speed is slightly lower at about 45 MPH on the speedometer (37MPH on GPS/radar). However the bike easily maintains 30 MPH at all times, including when going up decent hills. There's one monstrous hill on my commute that slows it to 20MPH, which is really not too bad.

Overall, I love the pairing of the 6.5g sliders and 1500RPM torque spring.

Did all the work myself and happy to provide tips on completing the work to any community member with questions.

blue

• View Profile
Re: 4 Quick Mods Transformed my Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
Go with 5. Or 5.5 gram rollers.

dwbaily

• Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:47:27 PM »
Any reason in particular to go with 5 or 5.5g rollers?
2015 KYMCO Super 8 50R (KG10A)
6.5g rollers
Smooth Variator Boss
1000rpm Contra Spring

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
I did all this stuff on all kinds of different scooters.  Spree, elite, zuma, etc.

Then i bought a 125.  Price diff between the 50 and the 125 is about the same or less than people spend modifying their 50 to go faster.

My 125 went almost 60 mph earlier today and goes 45 up that steep hill into the wind.

No more 50s, im just getting a motorcycle license.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()