Author Topic: What's your favorite music?  (Read 4029 times)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
What's your favorite music?
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:18:36 AM »
I thought it would be an interesting thread if some of you would say what is your favorite style/group/song. . We have a varied group of folks here and thought it would be something fun for us to share.  I was raised on 60s and 70s hits and old school r&b and soul. Some of my favorites are Stevie Wonder, the Spinners, the Ojays, Steely Dan, and a lot of classic rockers. These are just a few but there are many, many more.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:20:10 AM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite music?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:44:27 AM »
I love all kinds of music. Was in a Rock n Roll band back in the fifties,  I guess my favorite R &R group would have to be the Eagles. Lying Eyes is my all times favorite song, followed closely by Hotel California. I also love the Beetles, the Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac and Leonard Skinard.  3 Steps reminds me of myself, long ago. Yes and I do love "The Wall", by Pink Floyd. Good survey Mr Paul..

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:01:02 AM »
I love all kinds of music. Was in a Rock n Roll band back in the fifties,  I guess my favorite R &R group would have to be the Eagles. Lying Eyes is my all times favorite song, followed closely by Hotel California. I also love the Beetles, the Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac and Leonard Skinard.  3 Steps reminds me of myself, long ago. Yes and I do love "The Wall", by Pink Floyd. Good survey Mr Paul..

Mac
I will second the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, and add in Chicago. I was fortunate enough to see the Eagles in concert about 7 months before Glenn Frey died, and they were fantastic! Since I am a retired Band Director, I will also throw in a big vote for Jazz. Maynard Ferguson, Weather Report, Count Basie, Ellington, the great Gene Harris, Diana Krall, on and on...too many great groups and performers to list. In the "classical" genre, my favorite is Aaron Copland.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »
My favorite style of music is Traditional Gospel-- Shirley Caesar, Jackson Southerners, Donnie McClurkin, etc. , followed by contemporary Gospel. I Also like old school R&B, and some Blues.
Then there is Southern Gospel.
My "secret " guilty pleasure is Blue Grass. (But don't tell my friends. They may take away my "black card". Lol).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
like most kinds of music
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »
but, my favorite is DooWop.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »
My favorite style of music is Traditional Gospel-- Shirley Caesar, Jackson Southerners, Donnie McClurkin, etc. , followed by contemporary Gospel. I Also like old school R&B, and some Blues.
Then there is Southern Gospel.
My "secret " guilty pleasure is Blue Grass. (But don't tell my friends. They may take away my "black card". Lol).

You can keep the card Forbes, as long as you dont go all Celine Dionne on us!! :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:04:05 PM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ScooterLar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 03:46:07 PM »
'80's New Wave.
2005 Grand Vista
2006 Vespa LX 150
2009 Grand Vista
2006 People 250
2013 Like 200
2013 Like 200 LX
2012 Genuine Buddy 170i
2009 Genuine Buddy 125

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Movie sound tracks and sound track composer. Epic or haunting works for me.

- Wolf

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 09:51:58 AM »
You can keep the card Forbes, as long as you dont go all Celine Dionne on us!! :D
Celine who? I've heard OF her but have ZERO idea of her music. So I guess I can keep my card. Lol

2009 Xciting 250

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »
From my early teens to my late 20's, only one band dominated my music and that was Australian rock band, AC/DC. I've got all the records & seen them in Cologne (in the then West Germany) and a couple of times in Glasgow. I don't even like any other type of rock/metal, just AC/DC.

These days though, I like some modern stuff, but I've actually regressed back to the 60's and 70's. The Beatles, Stones etc all the way to.....(whisper it).....disco(school dance memories abound)

So, to answer your question.....Yes sir. I can boogie. But I need a certain song :-)

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
I'll listen to anything except for Country music. My radio is usually on Classic Rock, Modern Rock, R&B/Hip-Hop and Classical. Which ever catches my mood.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:17 PM »
From my early teens to my late 20's, only one band dominated my music and that was Australian rock band, AC/DC. I've got all the records & seen them in Cologne (in the then West Germany) and a couple of times in Glasgow. I don't even like any other type of rock/metal, just AC/DC.

These days though, I like some modern stuff, but I've actually regressed back to the 60's and 70's. The Beatles, Stones etc all the way to.....(whisper it).....disco(school dance memories abound)

So, to answer your question.....Yes sir. I can boogie. But I need a certain song :-)

Gee thanks a lot for the video Snorvey! Thats 4 and a half minutes of my life I'll never get back.  :)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 11:40:01 PM »
Recently I've been listening to music for the native american flute. Artist like Scott August and Mary Youngblood.

Other music would be rock and roll and classical.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Gee thanks a lot for the video Snorvey! Thats 4 and a half minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Oh I can think of much worse ways to spend four and a half minutes.... :)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »
Favorite genre....Blues. Favorite band ? Hard to say...seen Clapton (4 times- once on Muddy Waters last tour), Grateful Dead (WITH Jerry- 6 times), Allman Bros (3 times), all the 70's [Boston,Kiss,Kansas, J.Geils,Styx,Elton John, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Foghat (and their original roots-Savoy Brown), Eagles,CCR, Bad Co., Stevie Ray Vaughn (and his brother Jimmy with Fabulous Thunderbirds and on his own), both of the Winters (Edgar and Johnny too many times to count), etc, etc.. )....many Blues, as I go to a lot of Blues Festivals (saw Little Milton's last performance, Muddy Water's last performance), Susan Tedeschi ( and Tedeschi Trucks Band), John Lee Hooker, Alvin Lee, etc., etc., etc.)

But- really like almost anything except what is called Country (not like the old Country music), as it is ALL Auto-tuned, so nobody really sings at those .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()