Author Topic: Kickstand  (Read 1502 times)

poppajim

• View Profile
Kickstand
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:52:26 PM »
Just bought a 2012 People GT300 a member of the forum. Super clean and very well maintained scooter. It will be my wifes after she takes a course to pursue her license. Looks like I will be riding it from time to time . Has anybody found a different kickstand for this model. It may need to be worked at to make it smoother but was wondering if any body changed theirs.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstand
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »
GTi300 the same as DT300i. Both of ours are smooth and effortless. What is yours doing?

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

poppajim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:29:48 PM »
Its just stiff and seems to get stuck midway. This scooter is garaged and well maintained so I dont thinks it from lack of maintence. I havent picked up the scooter yet due to weather, just a observation when we went to look at it and bought. I will try to lube it and work on it, before replacing it. This scooter is for m wife so I need this to be functional for her. You have 2 scooters? Good for you.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
Yeah, and some of these guys have three or more and their wives either don't ride or ride pillion.  The bolt that holds the side stand on is a shoulder bolt. Make sure it has no been replaced wit something other. Just one bolt and a pin that has to be aligned with a slot in the switch. 10 mm hex I think.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »
make sure the scooter is level on two legs when you step on it ,  once in a while I don't do that and it is hard to put it on the stand,.  I am enjoying second childhood with my downtown 300i and a frost - yager 200i in Canada  Ottawa On. now another 6 weeks of snow here,  damn that's a long time ,.  and that's with a early spring,.  I would have loved to pick up your scooter but no money left ,. enjoy it with the best of riding pleasure,  de dee

poppajim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
Thanks for the replys , will look into the problem when we get the scooter home in a couple weeks.

deedah37

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
I have a Downtown 300 and a People 300. Both are great bikes although I have had issues with the downtown falling off the side stand. I have ground just a little off the stop so the bike sinks deeper into lean when it is on the side stand.

On perfectly level ground this might not happen but on a very slight grade or a small piece of gravel and bike tends to fall over a little too easy.

That's my two cents.
Deedah

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
that is what I did the first thing,. I took  1/8 inch off the stop block , but I still use the center stand all the time ., I only use the side stand to get off the scooter, my balance is not to good any more,  ??? what comes after second child hood,.  ??? 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()