Author Topic: I pulled a good one yesterday  (Read 3226 times)

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
Re: I pulled a good one yesterday
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
Boo, I did the exact damn thing with a Startron additive I put in the tank for the winter. From three feet away, the wind blew the little plastic/cardboard sealcover from inside the cap right into my full gas tank....really pissed me off. I am bringing it down to the dealer to have it removed along with the tune-up I usually get before I go back riding again in the spring. What a nuisance....
 >:(
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »
Boo, I did the exact damn thing with a Startron additive I put in the tank for the winter. From three feet away, the wind blew the little plastic/cardboard sealcover from inside the cap right into my full gas tank....really pissed me off. I am bringing it down to the dealer to have it removed along with the tune-up I usually get before I go back riding again in the spring. What a nuisance....
 >:(

Sorry to hear that. I know first hand how troubling it can be. If you decide to tackle it yourself, I will tell you how I got that cardboard seal out of my tank.
I went to Harbor Freight and bought digital display tool. With a 20% off coupon, I think it was about $50-$55. It has a glass lens and the gasoline did not appear to damage it. I siphoned as much gas as I could from the tank. I inserted the display tool and spotted the small disc lying on the bottom of the tank. It was small and flat so I had trouble getting hold of it. I decided to use a long piece of wire sharpened to a pin point to see if I could "stick it". I did and it worked. I slowly and carefully remove the seal. I had to remove the under seat pan and take the screws out of the top of the fuel pump to lift it up enough so I could get a straighter shot at the disk. I was relieved when I got it out.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
Thanks for the tip, we have a Harbour Freight near where I live. I'll give it a shot.
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()