Author Topic: Good luck America  (Read 13288 times)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Good luck America
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
I enjoy debate among respectful people. These days it seems like we are told that if anyone says anything contrary to what the other person  believes they are being "offensive."  I simply see it as one person is stating their position and the other is stating theirs. I for one , am a believer. As I have said before, you folks are the best. BTW Snorvey, you do enjoy "stirring the pudding" dont you?  ;)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »
Mac, my friend. No worries. I was in a particularly cantankerous mood that day. No offence intended.

Mr Paul, 'stirring the pudding'? How dare you Sir. Pistols at dawn it is  :)
Meanwhile....How's PrezTrump getting on?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
I love Pink Floyd Snorvey! How about pistols next Tuesday afternoon? I hate getting up early!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2017, 11:47:38 PM »
Yeah cool. Tuesday it is.....oh wait a minute, I've a dentist appointment, so no good. Let's make it Wednesday at midday GMT ( that'll make it like 4 in the morning for you or something, so you'll be half asleep)

And lets forget the pistols - too dangerous. How about slapsies instead?

Winner gets the girl (where IS Nireen anyway?)  :)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 01:06:58 AM »
Marshmallow slingshots at 10 paces. You can have the girl, I already have one ;)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:51 AM »
Hi ya Snorvey. So good to hear from you. No offence taken, nor none intended here either. Had a good laugh at the pictures of the Donald.He's making waves for sure. I think he means well, but time will tell. I love Pink Floyd also. I had an English lady friend . She moved to the U.S. in 1954 and lived in New Orleans for many years. By the time I met her she a developed a beautiful English/Cajun accent. Every where we went people would remark about her accent. She was a beautiful lady. as well, After I dated her for three years, I asked her to marry me. Then she told me she was already married. You could have push me over with a broom straw. She loved riding my Harley with me.
Oh well enough of my trip down memory lane. Just had to mention my bike, to keep my word. Cheers
mate.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »
I need to visit America someday. The problem is that it's so big and it's difficult to know where to focus one's attention.

New York.....Grand Canyon....Orlando/Florida etc....Route 66....Boston...Vegas.....California. The list goes on.

I think New York is probably a must see for a first timer no? Florida seems a bit touristy and garish, same with Vegas.

So Americans, where would you suggest?

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
The Dragon's Tail, without a doubt, but you'll need a bike.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2017, 12:06:39 AM »
As far as roads go, I HIGHLY recommend the Blue Ridge Parkway, especially in the fall. The Grand Canyon is nice but I recommend Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Sedona Arizona, and Arches Park outside Moab Utah. There are many more places but these are some of my favorites.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »
I thought I had heard of the Blue Ridge Parkway......then I remember Top Gear visited there.

Nice, but the speed limits are a bit on the low side.

I think there's too many places that I'd like to go to and not enough time, so I think I'll just wait for 3d Vitual Reality tourism to really gain traction.

See ya all in VR World.....

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »
The Blue Ridge Parkway and the Dragon's Tail are both in the same area. Very beautiful with waterfalls and as Paul said the fall is the most beautiful time of the year to visit there. Get you a pair of polarized sun glasses as they will enhance the changing of the colors greatly. The great Smoky Mountains is simply breath taking, especially, that time of year. They had horrendous wildfires there recently and I don't know how long before it completely recovers, but one thing I do know and that is once it recovers, it will be more beautiful than ever. All the other places Mr. Paul mentioned are just as beautiful, as well. Come on over, we'd love to meet you. Your southern redneck scooter buddy...

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Mac, my friend. No worries. I was in a particularly cantankerous mood that day. No offence intended.

Mr Paul, 'stirring the pudding'? How dare you Sir. Pistols at dawn it is  :)
Meanwhile....How's PrezTrump getting on?

Ah, ha, ha! Thanks for the laugh... needed it - my Dad is in CCU with Congestive Heart Failure (trying to get heart rate below 100, running 130-160, even after first cardioversion attempt) and battling cellulitis incurred from multiple IV sticks).
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
I love Pink Floyd Snorvey! How about pistols next Tuesday afternoon? I hate getting up early!

Shootouts are ALWAYS at "High Noon"
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2017, 05:54:29 PM »
I need to visit America someday. The problem is that it's so big and it's difficult to know where to focus one's attention.

New York.....Grand Canyon....Orlando/Florida etc....Route 66....Boston...Vegas.....California. The list goes on.

I think New York is probably a must see for a first timer no? Florida seems a bit touristy and garish, same with Vegas.

Anywhere there is not a wall.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »

Actually, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore...wonderful paddle in a kayak for cave exploration or ship diving, as nothing in the water to hurt you .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()