Author Topic: Good luck America  (Read 13283 times)

Snorvey

• View Profile
Good luck America
« on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »
.....well, it's a new dawn, it's a new day a new life...for you.

Feeling good?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Good luck America
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:38:26 PM »
Thanks Snorvey. I am feeling hopeful.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:50:05 PM »
I'm kinda felling the same with Brexit over on our side of the pond. At first, I hated the idea, but now? I say let's go for it.

There's nothing like having a great big new sweeping brush in the housev-or 'drain the swamp' as Trump would say.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »
But now the swamp is full of alligators!
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
I’m feeling the opposite. Haven’t forgotten or forgiven this man’s words and actions in the past, or present. Not in any way optimistic for what’s coming next. I’ve said my peace for now.

- Wolf

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »
I’m feeling the opposite. Haven’t forgotten or forgiven this man’s words and actions in the past, or present. Not in any way optimistic for what’s coming next. I’ve said my peace for now.

- Wolf

well said, Wolf....
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »
well said, Wolf....

I, too, will not forget all his vitriol, misogyny, and insults spewed. The 'man' uses anachronism too often, and authoritarianism to put so much fear into people that they doubt that our country can survive without his narcissism.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 05:19:01 PM »

Tseg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »
Could mean interesting things For US based Genuine Scooter.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
...well it looks like our Prime Minister is going to be the first foreign leader to meet him, next Thursday.

I'm not sure The Donald should try grabbing anything of hers - unless he likes eating his food through a tube.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:44:04 PM by Snorvey »

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 06:51:11 AM »
Feeling Great!

People get emotionally involved with the person when issues are what should be the star.

Now we need term limits to help with getting rid of politicians.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
Priceless!

http://youtu.be/29_U-oomP9E

http://youtu.be/Y-jaEsLJQRM

These are thoughts from the whiners of the past 8 years...Suck it up, Buttercup, as he will only get more jokes made about his empire (time to gild the lily).

Dan Rather puts it well:

These are not normal times. These are extraordinary times. And extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.
When you have a spokesperson for the president of the United States wrap up a lie in the Orwellian phrase "alternative facts”…
when you have a press secretary in his first appearance before the White House reporters threaten, bully, lie, and then walk out of the briefing room without the cajones to answer a single question…
when you have a President stand before the stars of the fallen CIA agents and boast about the size of his crowds (lies) and how great his authoritarian inaugural speech was….
these are not normal times.
The press has never seen anything like this before. The public has never seen anything like this before. And the political leaders of both parties have never seen anything like this before.
What can we do? We can all step up and say simply and without equivocation. "A lie, is a lie, is a lie!" And if someone won't say it, those of us who know that there is such a thing as the truth must do whatever is in our power to diminish the liar's malignant reach into our society.
There is one group of people who can do a lot - very quickly. And that is Republicans in Congress. Without their support, Donald Trump's presidency will falter. So here is what I think everyone in the press must do. If you are interviewing a Paul Ryan, a Mitch McConnell, or any other GOP elected official, the first question must be "what will you do to combat the lying from the White House?" If they dodge and weave, keep with the follow ups. And if they refuse to give a satisfactory answer, end the interview.
Facts and the truth are not partisan. They are the bedrock of our democracy. And you are either with them, with us, with our Constitution, our history, and the future of our nation, or you are against it. Everyone must answer that question.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »
 Since we are doing politics, why not Religion?
 "My invisible man can beat up your invisible man."  Neener, neener, neener.

............So, how 'bout them there scooters?
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »

Thank you!

My scoot is hibernating right now... but, I visit often. Be glad when all the calcium chloride and sand are gone. Ice storm comin' Monday night/Tuesday....   :'(

Oh, and your invisible man's undies are showing... need more invisibility spray me thinks  ;)

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 09:53:06 AM »

As I understand it, we should 'Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.'

And it is fairly topical...no?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()