Author Topic: Starting/battery problems (and jumpstarting?)  (Read 3812 times)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: Starting/battery problems (and jumpstarting?)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 06:48:10 AM »
I fear I'm not dead certain on the size, but looks like a YUASA YTX-12BS would be correct.
I'd search a bit and make sure of that, or just check the old battery, the "12BS" part should be consistent for the size.
Some folks recommend checking the dimensions then finding whatever has the highest CCA rating (Cold Cranking Amp) available
I generally go with the recommended, but anything that fits would work of course, they're all 12v.

You can buy batteries pre-filled, or not.  As noted before I choose "or not" since I know the battery will be fresh then
You can buy from any number of outfits, but I stick with YUASA,  generally buy from them via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM3RH2S-YTX12-BS-Battery/dp/B000WK4CS4 is the linjk for that.

Filling 'em isn't a big deal, just read the instructions first, then follow them.
You will need a trickle charger to give it the initial charge (I have a two amp setting on my jump box that I use for this)

Regardless of what you go with I do recommend you go with an AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) battery, & while installing it remember to add on a pigtail for your trickle charger/battery tender for when ya park this for more than a couple days.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

AaronPDX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 11:54:37 PM »
Thanks Tromper, will look into that for my next battery!
People 150 (sold)
2008 white Grand Vista 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
  I have heard that keeping AA and AAA batterys cool not frozen, they will last longer,.  lead acid batterys stored off the cement floor ,  in a cool place,  freezing will warp the plates inside, if there is a low charge in it,.  it did that to me at - 40 F.  the batterys had a buldge on both sides,. 

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »
de dee, have you ever considered writing a book on scooter maintenance? With your wealth of knowledge, on the subject, I'm sure it would be a best seller.. Every scooter question you've commented on has been spot on. Even a nearly dead battery can show 12 to 13 VDC, but when you "load" it, it will drop to 0 quick. Oh, and I'd bet you ain't scared to get a little dirt under your finger nails, either----right?

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()