Author Topic: Plow for the 450i?  (Read 2428 times)

2015uxv450

• View Profile
Plow for the 450i?
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:51:16 AM »
Wondering who has a plow and what model they have. I am looking at cabelas at their 72" cabelas plow @ $499. My dealer said he could get a plow for about $900 and I dont want to pay that much. I am also looking at the swisher dump bucket. Anybody have one of them?

Thanks in advance

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Plow for the 450i?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:44:37 AM »
    I have the "pile driver" 62" plow for my 450i, got it from the dealer.  Extremely heavy duty plow blade, has quick release and attach to mounting plate. Was a pain in the rear to get it mounted but it is really a very quality plow setup. Very heavy as well a winch is needed to raise and lower.  Had a cycle country on my previous atv and had no issues with it, but it was no where near as heavy duty.

2015uxv450

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:51:38 AM »
Never heard of the pile driver. I've done a lot of searching online and there isn't much I can find other than a universal plow. And all the reviews on the cabelas plow are good

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 11:05:44 PM »
   At this time no one makes a specific plow for the 450i, you will need to buy a universal kit. The Cabelas plow kit has some good reviews on it, price seems reasonable, if I didn't already have one I would seriously consider that one.  Where the problem may occur is the actual mounting of the plow mechanism to the frame of the machine. On my kit the "universal" mounting kit was worthless as it would not span the frame of my machine. I used 1 1/2" x 1/4" wall angle iron to make a second frame to attach to the main frame to have a place to attach the plow mount. My mount is in the middle of the frame under the seat area rather than attaching to the front of the frame as many do. I was not comfortable using just the front end to push all that snow so I and my dealer choose an mid mount plow system of which their are many different brands out there.
At the time the Pile Driver was having a promotion on them so that is the one we choose. It might be considered overkill as it is a far more heavy duty plow than is really needed for a UTV. This thing is commercial grade to say the least. It is also not cheap, many other quite capable plow systems for less money. My plow and mount were almost 800, and their are many good systems for much less. But if you want a really really good heavy unit then this is the best I have seen.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 05:27:28 PM »
Here's a picture of the warn winch and plow. It was terribly hard to install and needed many modifications to the mounting plates to get on properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2015uxv450

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 01:01:39 AM »
Here's a picture of the warn winch and plow. It was terribly hard to install and needed many modifications to the mounting plates to get on properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That is the one my dealer wants me to buy from him. With winch he said it was about 900$
I already have a winch. I'll have to ask home what the plow and mount cost

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:29:26 AM »
      Hmmm winch is mabey 200-250 so that becomes an expensive setup in my book. I know a lot of guys use the front mounted plow attachment but it makes me wonder how well the front of the frame only will handle the stress.... Not sure how the Cabelas mount fits but I have mine mounted right at the first cross member behind the front wheels then additional angle iron that connects the next two cross members so all the stress is absorbed by all three main cross members.  Ok I know probably overkill but that's me. The Cycle Country kit I had on my ATV was also a mid mount assembly and it worked very well for 16 yrs and I moved some deep heavy snow as well as ran into a few things I shouldn't have, but never had a stress issue with the frame or mount. I guess ...what is everyone else using and how well does it work??

Kames115

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 04:05:37 AM »
I bought the moose 60" for my 450i. I had a hard time finding a mounting plate for it. Ended up getting the universal mounting plate for a Polaris ranger, razr and artic cart prowler. Fit right on.

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 01:23:16 PM »
As this is a little older of a topic, I wanted to see if there is anyone who knows the best/easiest plow that won't break the bank?

Here is a link to one I found but not sure if it will fit etc.,

http://www.4wheelparts.com/ATV-Accessories/Warn-ProVantage-UTV-Side-79805.aspx?t_c=66&t_s=10&t_pt=6394&t_pn=WAR79805

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »
As this is a little older of a topic, I wanted to see if there is anyone who knows the best/easiest plow that won't break the bank?

No good answer to that question, it all becomes opinion!!  And yes everyone will have one.......it all boils down to what you want and how much your willing to spend.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 01:17:05 AM »
 I bought a plow from sears , made by bercomac,  made in the usa.    and Canada,.   there snow-blower made in Canada,.  same mount,   on my tractor,.  the plow swivels left or  right,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()