Author Topic: GT300i (or similar) Travels  (Read 1323 times)

SteveADV

• View Profile
GT300i (or similar) Travels
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:51:32 PM »
I have not done any traveling on my gt300i. In fact, I figured it would be my around town bike and my Triumph Explorer would continue to be my long distance traveler. But in the couple months I've owned the the 300i I have learned enough about its capabilities to figure out that if you wanted to take a trip this bike could do the job.

So, here's my question...How far have you gone on your 300i (or similar)? Pictures?

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: GT300i (or similar) Travels
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:40:54 AM »
Heck I crossed the country on the S200, the GT300I would be cake.
Just start with fresh tires with rideon in 'em, and allow yourself a day of rest during which you give it the once over, valve check, air filter, sparkplug, oil change.
I'm seriously looking at trading up to one, and maybe ditching the burgman after that.  Although the burger does have it's own charm as well...
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »
Heck I crossed the country on the S200, the GT300I would be cake.
Just start with fresh tires with rideon in 'em, and allow yourself a day of rest during which you give it the once over, valve check, air filter, sparkplug, oil change.
I'm seriously looking at trading up to one, and maybe ditching the burgman after that.  Although the burger does have it's own charm as well...
Hey there, Burgman owner.....talk to me about your Burgman's charm.
I've  had my 400 a yr and the charm thing is still missing. Pretty scoot...seems well made...powerful. Whatever. ..
Love my LIKE200i,  and loved the Forza that I traded for the Burgman.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:06 AM »
Heck Stig,
It's one of those things, a bike can click for you or not.
vs. the 400, bigger wheels, rides better IMHO, better road "presence", handles better at speed, & the eCVT does great when climbing the local passes and volcanoes.
The eCVT is also very very smooth.  It helps that the bike "fits" me well, not true for all folks of course.
It is not better in town, but I find it manageable.  My S200's better for neighborhood bopping.
If I'd bought a 400 first I may have stuck with it.
All that said I think about swapping it for a 300ish, maybe a BV right up to the moment I get on it and take off.  Then I rethink.
That pretty much sums it up.  I may yet go to something else, but for the nonce I have the S for local stuff and such, so that works.

2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:19:54 AM »
the thing I like about my downtown 300i  is the range . I am looking for a gas bar after 200 miles, just right for a walk about,.   to ease the butt,  what milage do the GTI 300i look for on your scooters,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()