Author Topic: Spare wire from battery  (Read 1536 times)

Butch1978

• View Profile
Spare wire from battery
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
Hi just joined the group. I have brought my son a super 9 which does need some work doing to it. I have just taken the battery off so that I can give it a charge and there was two positive wires and two negative wires connected. One of the set of wires has a connector at the end of it but it isn't connected to anything! I have had a look and I can't see what it should be connected too! Can anyone help? I have added a picture of the wire! Also the electric start don't work! When you push the electric start button it just clicks! Any ideas? I think I maybe posting more issues at some point lol! Thanks

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Spare wire from battery
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 11:29:36 AM »
That wire/connector could be a connector for a battery charger or maybe a usb outlet.

Paul

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 11:40:53 AM »
Thats an usb outlet! It goes conected directlly to the battery id consider reinstalling it.
Good luck with your new ride

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Butch1978

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
Thats an usb outlet! It goes conected directlly to the battery id consider reinstalling it.
Good luck with your new ride

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
It is connected but will that stop the electric start from working? But should it be connected to something on the bike?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 01:01:50 PM »
Looking inside the rubber cap on the end will solve what its purpose is. No, it won't stop the starter from working. I would leave it off the bike until you solve the start problem.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Butch1978

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »
Looking inside the rubber cap on the end will solve what its purpose is. No, it won't stop the starter from working. I would leave it off the bike until you solve the start problem.

Karl
I've done that but there is nothing obvious to what it connects too!

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 08:38:20 PM »
If you have looked and it is not a usb connector then it most likely a connector for a battery charger.  So if the scooter was not going to be used for a while you could connect a charger to it so the battery level would not go flat after sitting for a while.  One of the local bike shops does that to all of their floor stock as it is a simple procedure.   It looks like it has a built in fuse as well so it would have been done right and it would not have caused any problems.   As others have suggested, just leave it off.

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 09:34:11 PM »
Hey Butch,

It is the battery tender connector. I have the exact same one on my gt300i and it works perfectly well for keeping the battery charged. I wonder if the "clicking" is from an almost dead battery. Maybe get yourself a good battery charger/tender (mine from Harley-Davidson works great) and hook that puppy up for a day or two to see if you get a green light on the tender.

Steve

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()