Author Topic: kymco people 50cc  (Read 2292 times)

Bermyboy135

• View Profile
kymco people 50cc
« on: October 25, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
Good day fellow kymco people 50cc owners I'm haing a weird problem with my kymco people had it for about 2 years now had to change my engine on it recently do to seized crankshaft. But this morning I was riding to school and tried to over take a truck and found that my bike held back from accelerating but quickly caught its self just wonder what the problem could be?

I have equipped on this kymco

70cc big bore Airsal single ring piston {AC}
Technigas Chrome curl pipe
malossi front clutch
malossi delta back clutch
white tension spring
21mm naraku carb

mclark999

• View Profile
Re: kymco people 50cc
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »
I'm tempted to start throwing ideas out there, but need do more info from you. Did it hesitate as soon as you went full throttle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

Bermyboy135

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:44:44 AM »
I'm tempted to start throwing ideas out there, but need do more info from you. Did it hesitate as soon as you went full throttle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I left college today and decided to race a 125cc moped. believe it or not it wasn't a problem but this is where the problem happened. I arrived home and decided to brainstorm ideas. have compression, good spark, cleaned the carb but as soon as I cleaned it I slapped it back on n began to ride wasn't even able to leave my drive way the bike miss fired n cut out. then rebuilt the carb tried it again same problem. I currently put a polini 21mm carb on there now but having a problem tuning it the bike would just cut idle for 5 second then cut out. please help
in the polini carb there is a 100 main jet 32 pilot and idle pin is second the top idk what to do I hate leaving my bike at home and being forced to catch the bus any suggestions???

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »
I would try a new sparkplug.  Also, how do you like your Airsal kit?  I have Malossi on my People 50 2T and makes great power, but overheats.  I was thinking about trying the Airsal kit.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Bermyboy135

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
I would try a new sparkplug.  Also, how do you like your Airsal kit?  I have Malossi on my People 50 2T and makes great power, but overheats.  I was thinking about trying the Airsal kit.  Cheers

yeah I did I overlooked a the plug it had a strong spark but under a load it would have a weak spark which caused it to misfire. I love my airsal 70cc kit its aluminum block but did not come with a head. I am currently using the stock kymco head which build a lot of compression.  I was told that the malossi 70cc heat seizes a lot my friend had one on his super 8 for about 5 month then seized so that quickly changed my mind with that kit. by the way I run straight gas and oil my kit has lasted a long time almost 1 year. I have noticed that with these engines if you use mixed fuel with these engines the quickly decreased and seize I would  try to run straight gas and oil with your 70.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:34 AM »
Bermyboy, thanks for reply.  I noticed the OEM Kymco head appears to have more cooling fins than head that came with my Malossi kit, so I think OEM Kymco head is a good one, nothing bad about using OEM head IMO.  I also like the head gasket design of Airsal kit, same as Kymco, simple is better.  Did you bother to set squish?, does kit come with good instructions on how to set squish?  How many cylinder base gasket(s) did you use?  Thanks for any comments.

What's the difference between straight gas and oil, and mixed fuel?  With my Malossi BBK I add oil to the fuel tank and run the oil pump.  I have carefully measured and burn approx 3.5 oz oil per gal of gas.  Malossi kit appears to be pretty solid, but I have done a lot of tweaking to get it run cooler.  I have to say, I am not super happy with it, but I still have a few other things to try, so haven't given up on it yet.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Bermyboy135

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:48 PM »
Bermyboy, thanks for reply.  I noticed the OEM Kymco head appears to have more cooling fins than head that came with my Malossi kit, so I think OEM Kymco head is a good one, nothing bad about using OEM head IMO.  I also like the head gasket design of Airsal kit, same as Kymco, simple is better.  Did you bother to set squish?, does kit come with good instructions on how to set squish?  How many cylinder base gasket(s) did you use?  Thanks for any comments.

What's the difference between straight gas and oil, and mixed fuel?  With my Malossi BBK I add oil to the fuel tank and run the oil pump.  I have carefully measured and burn approx 3.5 oz oil per gal of gas.  Malossi kit appears to be pretty solid, but I have done a lot of tweaking to get it run cooler.  I have to say, I am not super happy with it, but I still have a few other things to try, so haven't given up on it yet.  Cheers

Chaz, How you doing today I have learned that in the engine there are two holes on either side above the crank and I learned that when I run oil through your oil pump and goes in the crank where the bearings are located to keep them from running dry. As the piston goes down and on its way to top dead center it sucks the oil through those holes n it no your block to cool it. I'm here in Bermuda and when I was running mixed gas idk if you guys out there have richer mixed oil then we do here but here i noticed that when I filled up from the gas station the oil mixture of the mix gas was to lean and eventually i noticed the bearing sound louder and louder until it seized. I'm only 17 years old so idk how correct i am but that's how i have figured out how this engine runs im not 100% but I've had a lot of experience with this bike. hope this helped you

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »
Bermyboy, thanks for reply.  Your description sounds like you can buy gas at the pump already premixed with oil?  Did you do the work to replace your crank bearings, or have it done?  Cheers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()