Author Topic: Agility electric start doesnt work after warms up  (Read 749 times)

johnyrrr

• View Profile
Agility electric start doesnt work after warms up
« on: October 22, 2016, 11:11:54 PM »
Thought I would see what the wisdom of the fourm has to say about an issue I'm having with my sons Kymco 125. Its having a weird issue where if you've driven it somewhere it wont start with the electric starter when you try to restart it, only the kick works at that point. If it has sat overnight it has no issue starting with the electric starter..... that is until you turn it off and go to restart it. when you restart it by kicking it the turn signals don't blink, just stay on, the horn doesn't work either, its like is barley making enough juice to keep it running.

Thus far I replaced the battery, the connections are clean and tight.
 Regulator/rectifier new.
 I put the battery ground to a new bare spot on the frame/cleaned ground at electric starter area.
 I cleaned and retightened the connections at the solenoid

Its like after it starts, its all good for a few minutes, the turn signals work normal, the horn works and then, something heats up and then turn signals/horn die and wont work until it cools down but the scooter is still running just fine at this point, that is until you turn off the key. That's when you have to kick start it if you have to turn it off. Let it sit/cool down for a few hours and its like nothing happened and the electric starter works just fine. I'm at a loss at this point, (could it be the ECU) near the battery? I have not messed with the ignition switch yet or the on/off switch on the handlebar, would a bad key switch behave like this?

johnyrrr

• View Profile
Re: Agility electric start doesnt work after warms up
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »
ended up being the fuses next to cdi were loose in the fuse holder.  squeezed them tight and the thing has electric start again and all is good.

Redk

• View Profile
Re: Agility electric start doesnt work after warms up
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:42:40 PM »
Glad to hear you are repaired !
PITB diagnosing problems, then to discover something simple...  Aargh !
Still, must go through the tedious process...
Good to be operational for the nice WX !
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()