Author Topic: Riding in the snow/winter?  (Read 3128 times)

Kymsec99

• View Profile
Re: Riding in the snow/winter?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 04:07:36 PM »
This is what  I found on UK Amazon and UK Ebay.

There are a few different makes of Winter Tyre Grip spray on products.
The reviews are 80% positive, saying it helps, even the lower priced cans.

THEY ARE DESIGNED FOR 4 WHEELS REALLY!

But surely, if we took a couple of lbs of air out, tried this stuff, banned ourselves from leaning more than 10 degrees, (maybe even less?) then its going to be a help.
The description says, you spray on whole tyre tred, (how much?) let it dry/set for 5 minutes, then you can go.

Main description;
This snow chain spray improves traction on tyre treads by up to 300% on slippery wet surfaces, black ice, sleet and snowy roads. Causes no physical or chemical affect to the body paint, metal or tyres on the car. Wears off once it makes contact with asphalt.
Three times normal grip on wet (or black) ice at around +3°C (37.4°F). Grip increases during near freezing temperatures. Reduces the risk of car accidents due to hazardous road conditions.

Features
Liquid snow chain spray
400ml can
Simply spray on tyres to increase traction on icey or snowy roads
Quick and easy to use
Effective up-to 40 miles.

I think, when it says 3 times more grip on ice, it means its still slippery, but just a bit less and it will be very cautious riding in the 3 weathers its designed for.
Effective upto 40 miles means in those 3 situations, not patchy ice, patchy snow or wet patches. Plain dry tarmac will take the coating off in no time!

Anyone come accross this stuff and tried it on 2 wheels? Or would you totally avoid something like this?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:10:03 PM by Kymsec99 »

Redk

• View Profile
Re: Riding in the snow/winter?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »
I have used that 'spray on your tires' traction in snow canned stuff, and it does work, in a car.

I have learned my ability to ride a mc on snow or ice is inadequate.
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()