Author Topic: Overheating In Las Vegas  (Read 2160 times)

Diamante

• View Profile
Overheating In Las Vegas
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »
The problem with my 250 is that whenever it reaches over 105 here in Las Vegas the scooter dies at a light unless I keep the brake on and revved up. Naturally, taking it in to the one, and only one repair center here, knows you have no other place to take it, therefore they name their own price, which is $110 just to look, then comes labor, parts, and other irritants. Does anyone know of a possible solution or how one can change / adjust something to alleviate this nauseating and temper testing problem? I'm good with tools and already replaced the speedometer cable (wasn't fun)...

thanks, D

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: Overheating In Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
How do you know that the engine is overheating ?

Can you adjust the idle speed up a bit to keep the engine from dieing ?

If it is overheating, you could try replacing the coolant with WaterWetter.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/01/redline-waterwetter%C2%AE-review/

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10

http://www.redlineoil.com.au/Uploads/Downloads/MSDS%20WaterWetter%20Euro%207_01.pdf

I have no experience with this product.

Scoot Safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
There is a vacuum line that attaches to the intake manifold and then t's of after about 4 inches. check this line and see if there is any damage to it. It helps control idle and when it leaks it causes the scoot to die when you come to a stop. I had mine break and drove me crazy trying to deal with a bad idle.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 04:24:12 AM »
There is a vacuum line that attaches to the intake manifold and then t's of after about 4 inches. check this line and see if there is any damage to it. It helps control idle and when it leaks it causes the scoot to die when you come to a stop. I had mine break and drove me crazy trying to deal with a bad idle.

Thanks for the info.  My scoot just started having this problem - dying at lights and stop signs.  I check the hoses.
PaulC

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:29 AM »
In hot temps the air is thinner. (Planes take much longer to lift-off in hot temps) The scooter is pumping the same amount of fuel in with less available air= a too rich condition at idle. Try to lean the idle screw a bit and I think that may solve your problem.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()