Author Topic: Improving performance on the Like 200i  (Read 3080 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Improving performance on the Like 200i
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »
Money well spent or waste of money?

From the webpage: http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/evo-tech-motorcycle-performance-chip/Kymco/like-200i

Kymco Like 200i MAGNUM EVO-Tech Motorcycle Performance Chip

Take your motorcycle from stock settings to custom tuned and back with the EVO-Tech fuel controller. EVO-Tech Kymco Like 200i fuel management chip is specifically designed to increase your performance capability and fuel economy. The EVO-Tech performance tuner wires into your bike’s ECU through the engine sensors and uses it to calibrate the most precise tunes. EVO-Tech is custom-engineered for a large variety of bikes. In your power source awaits a tremendous amount of potential power, just begging to be unleashed with our EVO-Tech ECU chip. Every bike deserves to perform at its peak and the outstanding EVO-Tech does just that by plugging into your Kymco Like 200i's engine to deliver huge performance potential, mid-end torque and engine response gains. Kymco Like 200i EVO-Tech Motorcycle Performance Chip Motorcycle Engine Management TuningThis Kymco Like 200i fuel injection remap simply wires inline with the signal wire of the factory Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor, which is a standalone probe or the part of the integrated Mass Air Flow (MAF, MAP, TMAP, etc.) sensor, and wires into the exhaust oxygen sensor harness on emission-controlled motorcycles. setup needs no expertise, you can conduct a Do-it-Yourself setup as long as you are slightly mechanical and electrical minded.
Augment the performance capability potential of your Kymco Like 200i and say goodbye to lean stock programming with the EVO-Tech performance chip in less than an hour. EVO-Tech is a fully adjustable power chip that is available for fuel injected motorcycles. It connects into your Kymco Like 200i's engine sensors and once connected, it recalibrates your bike's Electronic Engine Management to optimize the A / F ratio by reprogramming the lean stock fuel injection timing. The EVO-Tech Kymco Like 200i power control chip module custom-tunes your power train for a high-potential ride. With this complete power output enhancement, your ECU chip breaks free from the stock pre-programmed restrictions and unleashes the Kymco Like 200i engine's performance level potential. This Kymco Like 200i Performance Chip allows you to fine-tune your engine to your particular HP needs. Kymco Like 200i EVO-Tech Motorcycle Performance Chip Horsepower Gains with Performance Chip

Unlock your power plant's performance potential with the EVO-Tech fuel controller. Beyond flashing your ECU with monstrous power, the EVO-Tech Kymco Like 200i performance chip seamlessly mounts to your dash for a nice look. It features worry free setup and easy adjustment. This exceptional upgrade increases the engine output as well as fuel consumption through Engine management programming. What's more, Magnum backs your EVO-Tech Kymco Like 200i ECU chip with a 10-year warranty.

Some Kymco Like 200i bike riders pay more attention to the exterior of their motorcycle while others prefer getting more power and efficiency from the engine. The owners in general choose the second option rather than the first one. Feel the aggressive performance level you have hiding in your Kymco Like 200i's engine with this performance chip. Unbridling your motorcycle’s performance potential, this high-tech Kymco Like 200i fuel controller is capable of delivering not only increased performance level, but more mid-range torque, improved throttle response and fuel efficacy. Magnum ECM chips are known to deliver unbridled power to EFI motorcycles. ramp up the horsepower potential of your Kymco Like 200i.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Improving performance on the Like 200i
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:28:23 AM »
I personally would be scared to mess with the electronics of what I believe is an already good machine. Too much risk for too little gain.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:13 AM »
Seems like they make these things for darn near every EFI bike - I see their ads in my son's motorcycle mags.
I don't know what to make of it all.
I think the 163cc LIKE has a very conservatively engineered and constructed engine. I like to think of it as being purposely under-stressed, like early Beetle engines. Built for longevity rather than max power.

In any event - I'm not tempted - If I really want more beans in this class I'll shop for that great well-tuned SYM 170cc scoot on C.L. Those things can apparently  f l y !
Thanks for posting though Trout!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 12:57:43 AM »
I agree with Stig. The Like is a well engineered ride with proven power.
Then again I'm not one for doing mods on scooters.

As for the SYM 171s. I own one and its the fastest in its class but neither the HD or RV200 is close to as pretty as the Like. That matters.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()