Author Topic: What is the best site to get Xciting 250 parts?  (Read 2176 times)

theCollector

• View Profile
What is the best site to get Xciting 250 parts?
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:17 AM »
Hello, everybody.

I just joined this forum as the new owner of a used Kymco (2009 Xciting 250 Ri). I thought coming here would be a good way of obtaining information on my "new to me" scoot. So far it has been pretty good but I can see that I will probably need some parts soon to get it into really good shape.

As someone who had a generic 150 for a few years, I can see getting parts for the Kymco is a bit more difficult than getting GY6 parts.

What do you think is the best site to get parts? The store I bought the 250 from is no longer a Kymco dealer and it now seems there are no other Kymco dealers in my city.

Thanks.
Kymco Xciting 250Ri

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: What is the best site to get Xciting 250 parts?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
Here is an online vendor I have used many times with no issues;

http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

gwdoiron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
I've used kymcopartsmonster several times as well; they are a tad slow (I imagine its because the parts are drop shipped and not stocked), and if there are issues they take a while to get back to you, but they eventually do.  For instance, I needed to replace the exhaust pipe on my XC250, and the new pipe had a different flange on the end than the pipe I was replacing.

To make a long story short, Kymco had changed the exhaust pipe assembly (probably to stop them from cracking, like mine did when I hit a pothole at 70mph, because the new flange is about 3x the thickness of the old one), but the online drawings were not updated; they still showed the old exhaust pipe, and the old exhaust stud bolts, which were far too short for the new exhaust pipe assembly.  It took two or three rounds of back and forth before they came back to me with the information about the stud bolts (as I was exceedingly concerned about replacing the stud bolts and putting on an exhaust pipe which may not be geometrically correct for the bike - a surefire way to repeat the problem).  I've put a few thousand miles on the bike since, without any exhaust problems, although I'm in line to replace the stator and the battery when the weather gets warmer, as I was getting the battery voltage low lamp on a battery which was about 6 months old when the light turned on.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »
 I use dennis kirk  and powersportswarehouse.com  and kymco parts monster with good results ,.  on the 6 months old battery try 15 amp charge for 15 to 20 min. then all night at 2 amps,.   that should clean up the inside plates of battery,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()