Author Topic: Dr Pulley sliders NO GOOD!  (Read 6948 times)

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Dr Pulley sliders NO GOOD!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 05:16:53 AM »
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=23531.0

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 02:14:07 AM »
I've been using this particular set for the last week. I have been pretty impressed with them. Faster acceleration, higher RPMs, midrange power and is the same, and top end is about the same.
Pretty much same effect as the Dr Pulleys. I got them just to try and I can report that I'm quite happy with them. I am going to install a Mivv exhaust soon and hopefully this will be the perfect combination.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331705608170&globalID=EBAY-US

deedah37

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »
I have put the DP Sliders in my 2011 downtown 14gr and they are fantastic. From the line and mid range much improved. Top end about the same. 15 would drop the rpms some on top end and probably give a little more speed at the detriment of low end performance.

Having said all of that I want to speak up on the topic of Sliders versus rollers and the comment about ramp geometry not being congruent. THAT is not true 95% of the time on all scooters. Sliders are an awesome and a no brainer improvement that almost without exception provide improvements in a couple of ways. I don't mean to take away from anyone's opinion or preference but this has been the real world experience I have had.

I have had sliders in my Downtown 300, Burgman 400 (30k miles), HD 200 , majesty 400, BV 500, people 250, Honda Helix, MP3 250, MP3 400, MP3 500,  ridicuous amounts of Chinese bikes and had excellent results without exception. Some of these bikes for 10-30 K miles. Some of these were group members bikes. More info avail upon request.

I now own a People 300 and am about to put sliders in it. Don't fear the sliders they are ROCK solid...in the one catastrophic failure mentioned on this board there could have been extenuating circumstances that could have caused it. Again not trying to tear down anyone's experiences or comments but rather calm any fears and set the record straight on Dr pulley sliders ...don't by clone slider IMHO.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 08:02:45 PM »
Hello guys.

So....I decided to do a belt change, variator, and torque driver inspection. Removed the entire drive system with belt. To my surprise I found that 2 of my Dr Pulley sliders had shifted it's position in the variator housing.

I decided to go back to the OEM rollers as I feel that it's a better fit and runs better.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByldrEqY6D2CdEdETHpHdnBRbG8/view?usp=drivesdk

Please guys, when inspecting your sliders make sure that they have not shifted in any way.

deedah37

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »
So I would like to give an update on a couple of things. Sliders have been known to "Flip" as mentioned earlier. When installed some dry lube can help and insuring you have a properly lubed drive boss is important. It is also common for people to allow the sliders to flip during installation. I did this more than once the first time I installed them on my Burgman. After one flips it is more likely an additional slider can flip. You can usually tell it happens by a change in rpms and reduction in performance. Don't worry just take CVT apart and clean everything and put back together being careful.

Since my last post I have installed the 14 gram sliders in my People 300. (Yes I have a DT 300 as well, )
I have only put about 100 miles on this bike since installation  but the performance increase is terrific. From a dead stop it gained, from the middle it is a beast now and on the top ending is more responsive. It gained about 5-6 mph on top end.

Deedah
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:05:04 AM by deedah37 »

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 01:31:34 AM »
Ive done last night my 4th scooter under pulleys... and anything i own that uses a cvt will mount them.
They are just spectacular

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 06:43:43 PM »
Thanks guys, my opinion is that the OEM rollers deliver more torque on the low end and just as much torque and speed on the top. Better for pulling hills. Just my opinion.

I have a set of 14 gr rollers which I will try as well. Should get some good results.
I will post my experience.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()