Author Topic: Kymco side by side owners  (Read 3136 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Kymco side by side owners
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:57:57 AM »
   Giving a shout to all the Kymco UTV owners out there....hey folks we have a talented gentleman that has a company called "Off Road Body Armor" that is making accessories for Kymco UTV's. As a start up business it is difficult and expensive to decide which products for which models would sell more quickly. This company has a talented craftsman willing to make what ever the public wants and needs for their toys. So if your a Kymco owner let Kurt know what products you would be interested in. I have sampled his work and he takes great pride in his craftsmanship and seems to have the ability to make just about whatever is needed or wanted. Instead of whinning about what we can't find or want lets throw some ideas in the direction of "ORBA" and give them some incentive to make the accessories we want and need. I know I have been throwing a few ideas his way and while he cant make it all at once he does take suggestions seriously. So....get on board with your wants and needs for Kymco accessories and let them know about them.

Coach

• View Profile
Re: Kymco side by side owners
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 02:37:16 AM »
I have Kurt's rear bumper and tree kickers installed on my 450i. ORBA builds and sends out quality accessories and Kurt is a gentleman to talk and deal with. I suspect that when the word gets around about his accessories and the quality of them, he may get a little busy. I know he is working on a new idea now but I'll let him announce that when he thinks the time is right. If you have a Kymco side by side ORBA has some cool parts for it.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:57:24 AM »
Thanks for your support fellas. I'm really diggin my new Camo edition!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
I have been scouring online sources the past few days looking for a UTV "roof rack"  and all I find are "cargo baskets"

I'm looking for something that is tie down friendly that I could strap 4 or 5  home made 4" or 6" PVC tubes that are 5 feet long±, that I keep prism poles in
RandyO
IBA#9560

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:45:19 AM »
Ya ive been entertaining some kind of rack, either built on top or built up over the bed. But ive been pouring all my time and energy into these half doors I will be coming out with soon.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 01:40:38 AM »
Half guard $324.99
offroadbodyarmor.com
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:26:54 AM by Driemeyer25 »

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:56:22 PM »
I have Kurt's rear bumper and tree kickers installed on my 450i. ORBA builds and sends out quality accessories and Kurt is a gentleman to talk and deal with. I suspect that when the word gets around about his accessories and the quality of them, he may get a little busy. I know he is working on a new idea now but I'll let him announce that when he thinks the time is right. If you have a Kymco side by side ORBA has some cool parts for it.
Im guessing there was enough side clearance on your trailer that the tree kickers didnt cause any problems right? I remember you saying your trailer was a smaller one and was just enough room to fit your Kymco on it. Let me know. Thanks

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »
Im guessing there was enough side clearance on your trailer that the tree kickers didnt cause any problems right? I remember you saying your trailer was a smaller one and was just enough room to fit your Kymco on it. Let me know. Thanks

I am sure my trailer is wider than his however on my 450i the tree kickers are about even with the outsides of the tires or if they do extend beyond it is so small that it would be nothing to worry about.  Heck he probably can't steer that straight...LOL

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 10:50:16 PM »
Yes, there was no problem with the trailer. It's a 5X10 and I kinda like the snug fit on the sides.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
finally after a year of ownership and nearly 1000 miles I used my 450i recreationally this weekend, got in about 60 miles of trail riding this weekend in northern VT, found one of the deep holes as well

RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »
   From my experience your gonna want to remove the skids plates to drain the mud crap out and clean the lower half of all the mud from the water. I would also check the diff lube both front and rear and give all the joints a shot of grease. If you don't have grease fittings installed you can buy a grease needle that fits the grease gun that can get into the rubber boots to get grease inside.
If you need to poke a hole in the boot then put a dab of goop over the hole to seal it up.  Kymco recommends nothing above the axles when in water so you will need to lube everything to be safe. Been there done that!

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 10:58:47 PM »
   From my experience your gonna want to remove the skids plates to drain the mud crap out and clean the lower half of all the mud from the water. I would also check the diff lube both front and rear and give all the joints a shot of grease. If you don't have grease fittings installed you can buy a grease needle that fits the grease gun that can get into the rubber boots to get grease inside.
If you need to poke a hole in the boot then put a dab of goop over the hole to seal it up.  Kymco recommends nothing above the axles when in water so you will need to lube everything to be safe. Been there done that!

I recall a previous post of yours, I have appointment for service this week for oil change, lube and general inspection,  before I take it in, my plan was to lift it with an excavator and clean it good underneath

RandyO
IBA#9560

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »
But ive been pouring all my time and energy into these half doors I will be coming out with soon.

Any info on the doors yet?

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 02:19:42 AM »
Link  http://www.offroadbodyarmor.com/home.html

The Kits look GOOD!
Thanks Pat, let me know when you want me send you a set!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()