Author Topic: Pressurized fuel tank-DT300i  (Read 3190 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pressurized fuel tank-DT300i
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
OK, here they are (I hope!) disassembly sequence and comments:

This is step one: release the pointed stops by pushing down on red gasket, then remove the back and all the pieces.

All pieces laid out for reassembly. Remove last three screws.

See little hole right above thumb? Not the screw hole but the little hole at the bottom of the deep hole. That is 1/16 th inch. Smaller the better. Even a #60 drill size would work just fine. The bigger hole around the one drilled was cast in by Kymco.

This is where hole comes out. All this looks like the cap was originally made for a vent but these days the hole was not cast in or drilled to make the closed evap system. Look at the gasket that is next to black cover removed with those last three screws: forms a nice path to vent pressure and to drain back any fuel condensation.

Now put it all back together in reverse sequence. Put cap back on machine only after testing with key to make sure you can get it back off!

Karl
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:11:21 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 10:37:50 AM »
Dadgum nice pix and DIY post there Karl!
Reminds me of the time I took apart all my LIKE200I switches looking for stumble gremlins. Got to pay attention to how things were assembled,  yes?
Hope this proves to be a fix for you.
Speaking of which did you see the new panels removal video posted by Robo of the 2017 LIKE?
Is that cool or what?!
Again. ..thanks for this post.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
Tanx, Mr. Steeg! I gotta see that Robo vid! I go find, right now....

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 07:38:59 PM »

This is step one: release the pointed stops by pushing down on red gasket, then remove the back and all the pieces.

See little hole right above thumb? Not the screw hole but the little hole at the bottom of the deep hole. That is 1/16 th inch. Smaller the better. Even a #60 drill size would work just fine. The bigger hole around the one drilled was cast in by Kymco.

This is where hole comes out. All this looks like the cap was originally made for a vent but these days the hole was not cast in or drilled to make the closed evap system. Look at the gasket that is next to black cover removed with those last three screws: forms a nice path to vent pressure and to drain back any fuel condensation.

Now put it all back together in reverse sequence. Put cap back on machine only after testing with key to make sure you can get it back off!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 04:27:08 AM »
Great OK out comes the drill LOL :D

Karl
Kat :)

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 11:31:06 PM »
out comes the drill...  LOL

Gosh you take excellent pics, CB !
tnx !

All this emissions **** !
and for these tiny little engines...

One single container ship sailing down the coastline burning bunker fuel puts out more emissions than 10 of us will in our lifetimes !
Sure, there is low-sulphur fuel, but the foreign flagged vessels are not gonna be using that any more than they Must.

Wasn't it HanJin that just rolled over, recently ?
Trying to stave off the bankruptcy they sure weren't buying any high priced fuel...

Seems like Every train that went by had a buncha their logo containers on it.
Doubt I'll ever forget that logo embedded in my brain !  lol
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()