Author Topic: Is anyone out there ?  (Read 4128 times)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Is anyone out there ?
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
 ???  C'mon guys ... surely someone has got something else to say about the Venox. They're a great little motorcycle ! The pony was a bloody tough little nugget. She took me on all the big rides, and never let me down !  So ... can someone do, or say SOMETHING ?? 
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone out there ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
???  C'mon guys ... surely someone has got something else to say about the Venox. They're a great little motorcycle ! The pony was a bloody tough little nugget. She took me on all the big rides, and never let me down !  So ... can someone do, or say SOMETHING ?? 
When I first went shopping for scooters, in our only scooter dealer, I saw a used Venox. I was struck by the heavy looking solid wheels.....and then I began investigating those large plates on the engine. "What the....?"
A week later it was sold, but have never seen it around.
Glad it was a fun and reliable bike for you!
Sorry...I got nothing...
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
No worries Stig. How are you going anyway mate ? Hope you're getting some nice rides in here and there. I see you're still looking after your scoot and keeping her nice ... good lad !  ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »
Good morning 'Stralia!
Ride every morning when no ice or snow on the roads.
Felt a little guilty for ignoring the Burgman 400...so rolled it out today.
Need to take it down the highway anyway for a fill up at my new fav Shell station.
Heat advisory here this w/e....high humidity and heat....so wearing the mesh gear.
79°F at 05:00.
Forgive Gringo stupidity...but are you in winter? Never could keep that straight.
Ride that new bike safe.
Regards from Tim Horton's patio ....and keep us in your prayers ...if you've seen our two candidates! .....The whole nation guilty of not paying attention the past year!!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »
I have seen exactly one Venox. Gotta be a good bike 'cause it was made by Kymco!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
never seen a venox,  only on this forum ,  I ride a downtown 300i  2011,  going on 78,000 Km.   just broken in,  so now I can open it up now, to see if I can hit 160 Kmh, just got to change the steering stem bearings first,  now if the rain will stop for awhile I will git on with it,. 

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »
Hey there Stig, Karl and de dee. Hope you guys are all good.
Righto .. First up .. G'day Stig. Yep .. it's winter down under ol mate, but as I just mentioned in the eye candy section, I am up in Queensland, so we do get it pretty good here. Today was about 23c, and last weekend it was up around 28c , so I'd be a bit rude to complain about that for winter hey. Good on you for firing the big " Burg " up mate ... get on out there. Not to take anything away from your Like though, you've got that little baby looking real nice Amigo. And hey mate, I specifically took this particular photo for you from todays little blatt because I know you like the ocean shots.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
Hey there Karl. How are you going mate ? Hope you've been finding some time to get some nice rides in here and there. All joke aside though mate, that little pony of mine was just about friggin bullet proof ! The rides that little thing took me on was pretty bloody amazing to be quite honest. As I always said, she took me where all the bigger bikes were going, and didn't seem to mind, even though I was probably working her pretty hard. A damn tough little " brumby ". And as I said a while back in the " Great Little Pony " thread, and I still firmly believe, that if ol Mr Kymco had put this bike out in a 500 or 650 , don't change the looks or anything because she was a damn smart looking bike, just the bigger engine, they would have had an absolute mid range market stealer !
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:37:40 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
Hey there de dee. Go for it mate !!  Just pick your spot carefully to do it though hey. I dunno what cops are like over your side of the planet, but over here the pricks have got no sense of humour at all when it comes to that sort of stuff. BUT .. when you do it, you'll be officially entitled to wear one of these badges ...   
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:48:19 AM by Hairy Bob »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 10:35:27 AM »
Wow...
Take your pants off and get out there for a swim!
(I did that once in late March on a Connecticut beach and lived to tell of it.)
Great picture. Thanks for posting!
Need any corn?
Ride safe...though still don't understand how you stay attached to the Earth down there....When I let off the brakes up here in Ohio I roll towards Cuba.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »
Told you a while back Stig .. it's no big deal once you get used to the blood rushing to your head and having to hold on to the handle bars a bit tighter !  :) ;D ;)

weaponfx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 12:28:54 PM »
Hey all, new poster here from the Sunny coast in QLD Australia, I created an account back in March 2014 when I was researching the Venox. I was looking to get off a scooter and on to a bike but never cared for anything too big and especially common. The 650 Aquilla first grabbed my attention and after a while I was sold on it.... until I stumbled across a local selling this silver Venox thing and I was curious, only a little but there was something about it and I had to know more. So off for a test ride I went and that was it, I was simply smitten with the damn thing and I had to have it there and then.

But that was the trouble, offered cash on the spot (of course lower than the asking price), he was a young guy so I haggled like a pro and got him to agree to $2800 rather than the $3400 he was asking. Success, or was it? Just as he reached out to shake my hand he said, actually I did promise a guy that is on his way to look at it now that I wouldn't sell it until he had a chance to look it over, the guy was travelling a long while to see it and the seller felt bad I guess, I pushed hard, one time offer now etc etc but he didn't budge. Later that day I called and asked how he went as I was still interested, no dice, the other bloke snatched it up for $3400..... man was I annoyed.

Anyway it turned out to be a massive blessing in disguise, just days later on ebay up pops this listing "2013 Venox 250 - Dealer demo model with only 18 Kms".... so I check the starting price and see $2300.
Ok not bad for a starting price, 9 days to go however and there are only 3 others for sale that I can see all 2 states away and have high KMS.....$2300 though hhhmmmmmmm buy it now.....?

WHAT, BUY It NOW??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? check check check, re-read re-read re-read.... $2300 buy it now, nope I don't believe it, whats the catch?

Looked at the seller, Kymco Dealer in Lismore NSW, so I give them a call. "That Venox, $2300 Buy iT Now legit? whats wrong with it?" seller: "hahaha, nothings wrong with, it's last years model and we are wanting to move it on to make room for other things, you get the 2 year warranty and all the paper work for $2300 no rego"OK I said, I'll call you back.

Lismore, that's a 600 km round trip from where I live..... that's roughly $100 in fuel, but I have no car or trailer, just got my license last week, new bike on the highway for 300 kms is a big no no unless sitting on 80Kph, not doing that distance at 80kph anyway... crap crap crap what to do what to do.....

HONEY, I yell, WE ARE GOING ON A ROAD TRIP - "click" Buy It Now confirmed... and the rest is a story of man and machine coming together and falling in love.

So yeah that's my story, I just did the baffle mod today actually that the guys over at ClubVenox came up with. I didn't think it would be as loud as it is unfortunately, I'm not a fan of loud bikes but the good news is the mod is easily reversible and I can choose just to have one pipe open a tad so it's not so loud, we will see, that rumble might grow on me.

Next step is the 44 tooth rear sprocket upgrade however sourcing one in Australia is so far turning out to be impossible, there is only one site in the U.S I have found that has the kit in stock for $149 U.S however they want to charge me $75 just for shipping so that option is out the window now. If any of you seasoned Venox owners know of an alternate source I'd be extremely grateful.

I love my ride, best damn looking machine and the amount of people that ask me about it is astounding....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:34:45 PM by weaponfx »

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
I am still here checking in every now and then. I do miss my Venox in Europe.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03:59 AM »
Hey there weaponfx ... a big hello from Gold Coast mate. Huge congrats on the bike ... what a bloody score !!  2300 bucks for a brand new venox .. you must be feeling pretty damn pleased with yourself. I know I would. They are a great little machine mate. I had the pony for over four years and all of the 17000 ks I put on her were all out on real rides. I didn't use her for commuting at all. As I always said in the " Great Little Pony " thread ... she took me where all the bigger bikes were going ! Break her in properly mate. For, starters, don't do what that stupid owners manual says to not exceed 60 klm for the first 1000 ks I think it said. To run any motor in properly, you need to vary your speeds. Gently open her right up and gently back off to work those pistons right up her cylinders .. err if you know what I mean  ;). Sitting on a constant speed all the time is the worst thing you can do for a new motor. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:06:27 AM by Hairy Bob »

weaponfx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
Ahhh its Ok mate, Im 10k into the beast now so she is well and truly purring like a tiger :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()