Author Topic: Kymco agility 50 scooter not starting  (Read 1386 times)

handstand1dan

• View Profile
Kymco agility 50 scooter not starting
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
I belive it's a 2012 or 2013 kymco agility 50 scooter. Have had it for about a month and just randomly didn't start yesterday after work (rode it to work).

The kick start doesn't work either now. I checked the carb and the bowl and jets and all seemed really clean, spark plug is good, fuel filer not impacted, just put new oil, battery is charged and fuses good. I don't know what it could be. Maybe the drive belt? It does have roughly 9300 miles on it.

O and sometimes it'll come on with the Kickstart, but no torque, like I'll hear the engine and the throttle go but the wheel won't move.

Sorry about formatting, I am on my phone trying everything to fix the baby lol.

If anyone has any ideas please, my ears (eyes) are open. The scooter shop in town doesn't open until Monday so I'm out of luck there.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

blue

• View Profile
Re: Kymco agility 50 scooter not starting
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
If you can get it to start and the back wheel is not moveing . Maybe its the clutch and or the belt. that is a lot of miles for one belt and clutch.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
Gummed up carb. Belt has nothing to do with starting. Probably idle jet and/or auto bystarter.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

jesseg010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:05:52 AM »
sounds like the belt if it start and the engine revs but no torq or wheel doesn't spin.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()