Author Topic: What other parts should i use to make my scooter faster ?  (Read 2684 times)

bojannt

• View Profile
What other parts should i use to make my scooter faster ?
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »
Hello, i have a Super 9 Kymco 2007 ac, it's in great shape, from "sports parts" i have an Giannelli Reverse, a White Mallossi torque spring and 8gram Rolls, and my top speed is about 75-77 kmh, but my "start power and speed" are a little reduced. What parts should i combine to get a faster start and a better finishing speed? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: What other parts should i use to make my scooter faster ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »
Hello, welcome to kymcoforum.  Malossi variator with Dr Pulley sliders should give you better take-off and a little more top speed.  Pod air filter with carb properly jetted should give you a little more HP, but will be louder.  More HP should give you better take-off and top speed.

How many coils does your Malossi white torque spring have?, is it longer than the OEM Kymco torque spring you replaced.  The one that comes with the Malossi variator kit is too stiff IMO.  I like the weakest one available, Malossi green torque spring.  It uses less HP to run CVT  which means more HP to rear tire.  Malossi green torque spring will probably require lighter rollers/ sliders.  Lighter rollers/ sliders should give you better take-off, but you may lose some top speed.

Someone else will probably chime in, so that's all for now.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

bojannt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
Hey thanks for the advises, I think that the spring was a little bit longer than the original one. By the way, i had a lighter roller, 6 grams, and the scooter was running terribly, I don't know how to explain it to you, you hit the gas and above 20kmh it sound like a hit, and the scooter starts to torture itself, and the driving is very bad, i think that a 7grams rollers would be a perfect hit. And what do you think about the Red Mallossi spring ? it should give me top speed right and it shouldn't lose the take off. In my opinion the White spring a have right know, it really doesn't do anything it is the same without it. Regards.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »
I think you may have white. spring I was asking about, too stiff.  The red torque spring, although maybe not as stiff as white,  has the same issue, too stiff.  To my knowledge, red sping is generally for racing applications, will not give you good results.

The Malossi torque springs for Kymco in order of stiffness, weakest to strongest:  green, purple, OEM Kymco, blue.  A lot of people get purple torque spring, for 49cc engines, I like green best.

Do you have a good understanding how CVT works?  If not, there is a lot of good info available about it.  If you have the time, do some research and reading on CVT.  CVT is key to getting your scooter to run fast IMO.  Basically, a well tuned CVT will have your engine working near max HP/ torque from stop to approx 40/ 45mph, then the engine will continue to gain rev's for more spreed.  If your engine is loafing along until it hits powerband and then scooter takes off, your CVT is not optimized.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »
the white Malossi torque spring that comes with the Malossi Multivar IS NOT for our kymcos I use the BLUE Malossi which is right below the Racing Red in stiffness but I also have the yellow plastic Malossi torsion controller installed which adds a lil height and therefore stiffness to mine. I would get a weight set to find out what works best for you I know someone who runs 9s in the Super9 I run 8s but will be going to 9s soon. also if it is slow at start you may be experiencing belt or clutch slippage I just installed the Stage 6 Sport Pro clutch on my Like 50 and I got to say it made a huge differance but my stock did have almost 8K miles on it as did the belt which I just got a new one in. And as they always say there in no replacement for displacement so a BBK will always give you more performance but a properly tuned CVT and Carb will give you the best with whatever you got on.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
Sounds like a lot of work.  Really the best upgrade might be a gas cap job.
Carefully jack up the gas cap, when it's raised, & propped slide the Super 9 out and slide a Super 8 under it.  Lower the cap and screw it in place, then ride.
:)
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »
tromper has good reply.  Yes, it's easier and maybe even less $'s to just get a 150cc 4T scooter.

My son-n-law had Super 8, then got Honda PCX150 which is superior scooter to Super 8.  I use to ride with him, but recently he doesn't have the time.  I can tell you, I like my Super 9 LC better than either the Super 8 or Honda PCX150, it's just more fun.

Actually, I am not real sure he's faster than me anymore.  I keep tweaking my Super 9, and it keeps getting faster.  Since the last mod I did, which really stepped it up, I haven't ridden with him, so can't compare anymore.  Before he was a little faster, but not by much.  He would led, I would follow, and could stay with him without too much trouble.  Cheers

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 02:47:01 AM »
Actually, I am not real sure he's faster than me anymore.  I keep tweaking my Super 9, and it keeps getting faster.  Since the last mod I did, which really stepped it up, I haven't ridden with him, so can't compare anymore.  Before he was a little faster, but not by much.  He would led, I would follow, and could stay with him without too much trouble.  Cheers

Quicker or faster?  They're different items, and to an extent you can trade one for the other.

Basically part of the point.  It depends a bit on who you want to be with the bike.
I prefer to ride than wrench, so I would try out the larger version, but if you love two stroke smoke, then it's not going to be the same.
The four stroke larger motor on the Super 8 will start with more power, & is tweakable as well, but the feel will be different.
If you have the coin, & just ride with no desire to maybe do some customer rollers/sliders then the PCX would be something to look at. 
I'm not sure how tweakable they are, but I did enjoy the test ride I took on one.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 05:13:49 AM »
a tuned LC9 should be able to take on a Super 8 4T I know triesandluth is cruising the mountains in his AC9 which he prefers to his Super8 all day long. he can cruise at 60 if he wanted but usually keepes it around 50 from what he tells me. myself I prefer 2T alot easier to work on and so much more torque and power. He also just took a TGB and shoved a Rattler 110cc 2T under it lol that of course took some work but once he has it tuned thats gonna be a 4T killer.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »
Honda PCX125/ 150 very cool scooters, but I don't think much to mod on them.  I guess you can, but I bet very expensive.  Like tromper says, get one to just ride, nothing to do to it really.  However, I love working on 49cc, tweaking it, then taking it for a ride to see how it runs (sometimes good, sometimes bad).

For the $'s, if I get another scooter will probably be 250.  I am already an old man, and bigger scooter has smoother ride.  I can get nice Honda Helix or Reflex for not much more than 150, plus Kymco's makes some really nice 250/ 300's.  There are a lot of excellent 250's out there for same or less $'s than 150's.  My 49cc already runs like 150, so 150 4T doesn't seem very appealing to me.  Cheers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()