Author Topic: Please help - Larger Windscreen?  (Read 7069 times)

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
Re: Please help - Larger Windscreen?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »
I took the bike out on the highway with very similar winds and the bike is so much better! Pleased :) Thanks everyone for  your kind support ♥
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 10:37:14 PM »
Good to hear it suits you well. I ordered mine but with the knowledge that thee Dremmel Tool and cutting wheels may be getting some work. That is fine as I love he handle bar coverage but I knew it was too tall.

deedah37

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 03:33:38 AM »
Glad it's working out for you Nireen...

I have had the Givi on my DT for around a month and put about 1000 miles on the bike with it. I am about 5'10" ish and the windshield is still a bit short in my opinion. I look barely over it most of the time and sometimes through it. That is annoying, I wish it was taller or shorter. I said it is still too short because I still get some buffeting of wind around my helmet, but it is much much better than stock.

I did lose a 2-3 Mph I would say, but not enough to care. I like the windshield overall.

On my People 300 with the Puig I don't even need to wear a helmet if I don't want...all buffeting around head is gone. But that's a horse of another color.

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »
No I am in PEI Canada and it tends to be windier here than most places.  This year is worse than it usually is. 
Glad it's working out for you Nireen...

I have had the Givi on my DT for around a month and put about 1000 miles on the bike with it. I am about 5'10" ish and the windshield is still a bit short in my opinion. I look barely over it most of the time and sometimes through it. That is annoying, I wish it was taller or shorter. I said it is still too short because I still get some buffeting of wind around my helmet, but it is much much better than stock.

I did lose a 2-3 Mph I would say, but not enough to care. I like the windshield overall.

On my People 300 with the Puig I don't even need to wear a helmet if I don't want...all buffeting around head is gone. But that's a horse of another color.
Good to hear it suits you well. I ordered mine but with the knowledge that thee Dremmel Tool and cutting wheels may be getting some work. That is fine as I love he handle bar coverage but I knew it was too tall.
  I am 5' 7" so It is perfect.  Only thing yesterday it started to rain and that is a problem! LOL Can't see well.
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 02:38:11 PM »
i also either look over or through it and I have gotten used to it so it doesn't bother me one way or another. I just like the wind protection it gives me.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 10:47:01 PM »
Ive had the Givi wind shield for 4 years, and love it ,  I raised the seat 4 inches and mover the butt stop back 4 or 5 inches ,and my head is above the windshield ,  I cut the dome in the seat off flat, to make room for my butt, the foam I used is 10 Lb. rebond foam 4 inch thick1 inch slant back where I sit, 
  wish I knew how to send pictures ,  too old   

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »
Would love to see that friend!  Good on you for making it work.  I am OK to look through it except for when it rains!! Not so good.  I have much more comfort and control of the bike now I find.  Yes I lost a wee bit of speed but nothing to bother me at all. Can only go so fast on the highway anyway without getting a ticket :)
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 08:14:12 AM »
My suggestion for when it rains is to use Rain-X.

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:14 AM »
Oh great!  Will look for some of that today.  Can you buy this in local stores like our Canadian Tire store?
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
fairly popular brand in the USA, my guess is it should be there as well.

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
Yes, just checked out local store and they have it :) Thank YOU
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
I have seen rainex in Walmart ,  giant tiger ,  Canadian tire,  princess auto,  here in Ottawa,  was going over the bridge windy on your trip to N.B.

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
Ha Ha it can be!  sometimes they won't let you cross on certain windy days.
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 11:36:20 PM »
DO NOT use rainX it can make the plastic haze. It is designed for glass not plastic. What you want instead is Raincoat. It is designed for plastic and works great. I use it on both my Givi and on my visor.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D5GDVV6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1NVUFZAVXX7VA&coliid=I1QKDD6RUM5MK1

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:08 AM »
mnpugdog is right. Check with manufacturer to see if Rain-X is OK. I like the windshield, particularly the extra hand protection. You will really appreciate that when the weather turns cooler.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()