Author Topic: 13 50cc 2T mods?  (Read 6169 times)

crave

• View Profile
13 50cc 2T mods?
« on: June 26, 2016, 02:53:16 AM »
I recently picked up a '13 Super 8 50cc 2t.
The snorkel was taken out for the air box.
#84 jet and exhaust tube welded.
I was wondering what would be the best mods I can do.

mclark999

• View Profile
Re: 13 50cc 2T mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 03:43:35 AM »
If it hasn't been done yet, derestrict your variator and put in lighter rollers. 6 grams is pretty good for your almost stock setup. If you want to get quite a bit more out of it, the Tecnigas Trek pipe is reasonably priced and has excellent performance.  I've put that pipe on my People and it's a huge difference. Best prices are through European vendors on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:45:13 AM by mclark999 »
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

agoncalvesjr89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:26:00 PM »
Congrats on the scoot. Well the exhaust being closed up is a HUGE help. I believe ive sent you a message earlier about that. Changing it would be better but you can still get to 45 mph with that welded exhaust. Keeping the weights up above 7.5 Ive realized on the super 8 is a big deal. You can drop them and have crazy acceleration, but will lose a little bit on top end. The magic number for me , 2013 kymco super 8 , is 7.7 weights. I have a Naraku variator and a 15x12 mm Roller weight tuning kit with many different weights. Also a stiffer torque spring .. At this weight 7.7 I had the pushing power to climb over 40, but had 1/3 more acceleration than before. Also, getting your hands on a # 88 main jet would allow alittle better performance. Mine had a stock 82 in it. It was alright...85 worked better, but 88 was perfect. A good exhaust is going to be the BEST upgrade at end of day for your 2 stroke. Its already been cut and welded so its almost their, but any decent aftermarket exhaust will give you more power/speed... And noise. With great powerful exhaust comes great Whining noises. .. Also, opening up your cvt periodically and Lubing the drive boss and cleaning it produces instant performance upgrades if you feal your cvt getting sh**tier over time.
2013 SUPER8 2T 50
70cc MALOSSI KIT
STOCK CARB MAIN JET AT 98 , STOCK AIR BOX SNORKEL REMOVED.
NARAKU VARIATOR 6 GRAMS SLIDER / ROLLER COMB.
TECNIGAS NEXT R EXHAUST
SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN STOCK GATES DRIVE BELT.
TOP SPEED 50ISH , TONS OF POWER. 45MPH CRUISING

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:56:45 AM »
exhaust and performance variator is the first upgrades you should do. You will have to upjet maybe but well worth it. you can Always go BBK to as there is no replacement for displacement. if you're on hills alot a stiffer rear spring is a must. There is alot of parts and mods for these engines all depends on what you want to get out of it and what you want to spend.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

agoncalvesjr89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
I was with crave last night.  I put in a molassi Variator kit with ^ grammies in it (maybe to lite for this beast). He has a nice clean bike, and has the 70cc Kit Naraku and Upjetted to 92. Stock air, no snorkel. He is what sounds like to me overheating and stalling temporarily , and bike is notably hot as f***. He has a Q-Tre tecnigas exhaust, bike has serious power... But its "soft siezing" as they say, is what hes described to me. I didnt get the pleasure to have it cut off for me, it just performed like a beast. On way home to him it happened, and got worst. started at like 49mph he said-----------  NOW i no we potentially heard an air leak near cylinder or exhaust manifold ...........and his Mixture screw is un cut un touched (untuned) . Smooth brass head still.. .... Bike to me sounds classic LEAN ...Running lean as a mofo.........   Anyone else?     A new bigger carb to regulate everything bigger for bigger carb would be Optimal for it
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:02:13 PM by agoncalvesjr89 »
2013 SUPER8 2T 50
70cc MALOSSI KIT
STOCK CARB MAIN JET AT 98 , STOCK AIR BOX SNORKEL REMOVED.
NARAKU VARIATOR 6 GRAMS SLIDER / ROLLER COMB.
TECNIGAS NEXT R EXHAUST
SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN STOCK GATES DRIVE BELT.
TOP SPEED 50ISH , TONS OF POWER. 45MPH CRUISING

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
The mixture screw only adjusts mix up to quarter throttle, but should put in larger slow jet and adjust as needed. Overheating at full throttle could indicate lean. Look for leaks first and then try larger main jet. You don't have to go to a bigger carb. Only reason to go to other carb is for more tuning options like being able to raise and lower the needle and you can have a manual choke to help cold start issues.

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »
if it's stock carb that is only for idle mix if it's soft siezing my guess would be way to lean check plug what does it look like? Also with all those upgrades you should have upjetted two or three times minimum.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

ColdSteel

• Executive Newbie
  • Wot?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 03:48:59 AM »
Greeting Again forum!  It's been a good while, just checking in...I bought this same scooter ('13 50 2t) for my son. He did some upgrades and didn't really use it to much. He dropped it off for me to use this summer...having fun riding it.  It has a Naraku pipe that looks and sounds nice, Malossi perf. variator upgrade, and 86 carb jet.  It runs pretty well, and gets a good balance of take off/top end.

One question regaurding this 'snorkle' to the air box from previous pipe. This hose assembly is stiil running up into the air box. ?  hmm. He said the shop that put the pipe on and did carb set-up left the hose as it is now.  I think I will remove it and close off pathway.

thanks in advance if anyone can offer info or suggestions on this. Keith
Now:
2013 Kymco Super 8 50 2t
Then:
1900's Peugoet SV-125
1970 Vespa 50

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »
Greeting Again forum!  It's been a good while, just checking in...I bought this same scooter ('13 50 2t) for my son. He did some upgrades and didn't really use it to much. He dropped it off for me to use this summer...having fun riding it.  It has a Naraku pipe that looks and sounds nice, Malossi perf. variator upgrade, and 86 carb jet.  It runs pretty well, and gets a good balance of take off/top end.

One question regaurding this 'snorkle' to the air box from previous pipe. This hose assembly is stiil running up into the air box. ?  hmm. He said the shop that put the pipe on and did carb set-up left the hose as it is now.  I think I will remove it and close off pathway.

thanks in advance if anyone can offer info or suggestions on this. Keith
Taking the hose out and opening up the snorkel will make it a little louder. You will have to put in a larger jet and it might give you a little more power.

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

Lyvewire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 08:11:34 AM »
I was with crave last night.  I put in a molassi Variator kit with ^ grammies in it (maybe to lite for this beast). He has a nice clean bike, and has the 70cc Kit Naraku and Upjetted to 92. Stock air, no snorkel. He is what sounds like to me overheating and stalling temporarily , and bike is notably hot as f***. He has a Q-Tre tecnigas exhaust, bike has serious power... But its "soft siezing" as they say, is what hes described to me. I didnt get the pleasure to have it cut off for me, it just performed like a beast. On way home to him it happened, and got worst. started at like 49mph he said-----------  NOW i no we potentially heard an air leak near cylinder or exhaust manifold ...........and his Mixture screw is un cut un touched (untuned) . Smooth brass head still.. .... Bike to me sounds classic LEAN ...Running lean as a mofo.........   Anyone else?     A new bigger carb to regulate everything bigger for bigger carb would be Optimal for it

That was me riding out wit you the other night man. I can see how you'd mistaken me for Crave since we both recently just got our bikes though. Just wanted to add this update/novel  to ya post since I'm still stuck. Shut offs at high speeds & then usually bogs down more & more after every restart. Also doesn't have that hard punch it had after I left that night. I barely rode it since & tried a new BR8HS spark plug since a NGK BR9HS locally was hard to find & autolite brand sucked (original was slightly brown but had some composites it.almost rusty like). Thought the new NGK did it some good then it shut off after reaching 44ish 1st ride. We put a line in the mixture screw to adjust halfway like you suggested but it didn't do much. Just more smoke (oil though a good thing) & hangs so we put it back. It didn't sound good. The fact that it takes putting oil in the fuel to get it to start after shutting off a few times tells me oil is not being distributed as needed maybe. It's the only reason I made it home that night too. Took 3 cap fulls & starting & stopping to cool it down I'm assuming. You definitely came thru on the clutch wit variator install & suggestions. Just gotta figure out why it's running lean. I'll be bringing to a shop on Tuesday then another Wednesday if 1st shop can't figure it out. Looking to check for leaks, tuning & diagnostics. Btw my compression is 150-157.It was 175 when kit was first installed. The fact that it's done this with 2 different 70CC kits is pretty crazy too. Cast Iron Naruku it now shuts off whole riding hard and Aluminum Airsal it would bog down at high speeds but not completely shut off. Thinking of trying a Malossi at some point. Looking forward to trying those 9 gram weights to see if I get a little more speed once the heat issue is resolved.. If anyone is looking to get their bike 48mph with no 70CC kit Agoncalvesjr89 is your guy. Didn't know this was possible til I rode his.. If I can't resolve this issue I may go back to stock and have you do mine. Open to any suggestions.

The mixture screw only adjusts mix up to quarter throttle, but should put in larger slow jet and adjust as needed. Overheating at full throttle could indicate lean. Look for leaks first and then try larger main jet. You don't have to go to a bigger carb. Only reason to go to other carb is for more tuning options like being able to raise and lower the needle and you can have a manual choke to help cold start issues.

What would you suggest for a larger slower Jet since its 92 now or did you mean the pilot Jet?  (I don't know the difference but can least communicate the info to a mechanic that does. I'm a month in) Would that be a reason for shut off or running lean?

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 03:46:57 AM »
UPJET UPJET UPJET ALMOST EVERY PERFORMANCE UPGRADE DEMANDS A NEED TO UPJET. . . .drops mic. . .
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

crave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
I've upgraded my variator with a Top Racing with 7.5g rollers. I'm still waiting on my tecnigas triops exhaust to come in.
What would be the next best upgrade be? Bigger carb? Open Pod filter?
Planning on eventually going 70cc bbk.

I've been looking at BBKs. Are they two malossi kits the same ?

http://www.racingplanetusa.com/cylinder-malossi-sport-with-head-70cc-kymco-horizontal-p-228-1.html?backcPathco=25&cPath=2_21356
https://scooterpartsco.com/kymco-super-8-parts/kymco-super-8-50-2-stroke/malossi-70cc-big-bore-kit-for-kymco-people-cobra-2t

Price difference is huge.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 04:05:33 AM »
same kit get it from scooterpartsco they have best prices on almost everything Malossi. If you ordered a Tecnigas Triops exhaust you will need to do BBK and carb since Triops is a full race and not a sport exhaust like the Next R or RSII.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

crave

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 12:30:22 AM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:09:59 AM by crave »

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:02 AM »
neither get the Dellorto 21mm or a Dellorto 21mm clone both scooter-attack and treatland.tv have 21mm dellorto racing clone thinks scooterpatsco has Malossi 21mm dellorto kit but for alot more I want to know what you think bout the Triops I am torn between that or a Stage 6 Pro Replica exhaust currently I run a Next R Chrome
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

An Error Has Occurred!