Author Topic: Surreal  (Read 1037 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Surreal
« on: June 25, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »
Surreal experience: seeing my old scooter for sale on the website of the place where you traded it with an asking price more than double what they gave me on a trade. They didn't even fix the body damage where I dropped it. Actually it's kind of satisfying because it's the FIRST vehicle of ANY KIND that was good enough to sell after I'd gotten finished with it. 😂😂😂😂😂. And I know that the  next owner will get a good scooter. (They'd be crazy to pay that much though) . And I now have what I want.
2009 Xciting 250

gn2

• View Profile
Re: Surreal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 10:00:57 PM »
Sticker price is very rarely the same as the sale price.

I still see my old scooter around sometimes, I sold it three years ago, its had at least two owners since I traded it.
Like you I got less than half the sticker price.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 11:43:50 PM »
Buyers of my year old Forza w/4500 miles on it gave me a good price .....they said my photos of it were a selling point.
Still....you never get a bunch back. Best not to look. Goes with buying a new model year.
Did much better buying 2 yr old left over model.....just don't expect big return even on that!
Was a work commuting vehicle for me, yr around. Now a pleasure craft!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 06:06:24 AM »
Motor vehicles are very rarely an asset, almost always a liability ;)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:42 AM »
Buyers of my year old Forza w/4500 miles on it gave me a good price .....they said my photos of it were a selling point.
Still....you never get a bunch back. Best not to look. Goes with buying a new model year.
Did much better buying 2 yr old left over model.....just don't expect big return even on that!
Was a work commuting vehicle for me, yr around. Now a pleasure craft!
Stig
Yes, as one who works at a Ford dealership, I know that trading a vehicle in is usually not a good deal. It just removes the hassle of having to get rid of it yourself.

Not too much worried about getting a return since I'll likely ride this one till the wheels run off. I usually get most of the useful life from my vehicles before I get rid of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 02:17:57 AM »
Motor vehicles are very rarely an asset, almost always a liability ;)
True. A motor vehicle is NEVER a good financial investment. they are simply a useful tool or something to enjoy. Use em until they no longer meet your needs or bring you any enjoyment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()