Author Topic: Iridium Spark Plug and...?  (Read 846 times)

Salvadorsshadow

• View Profile
Iridium Spark Plug and...?
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
Hey all!  I'm getting ready to do the 300 mile valve check on my practically new Like 200i.  Finally have gotten up my courage and skill level (curves are still dicey on occasion) to take her out for 20-30 mile runs on 35 MPH back roads, so I put the last 90 miles on the odo pretty quickly.  So, I have a pretty good idea how to check the valves.  I'm also going to be changing out the gear oil per the factory recommendation.  I figure that while I'm under there, I might replace the spark plug (if it is worth it).  Thoughts on that?  Should I just ride out the factory plug until replacement time?  If I should replace the plug, what is the appropriate part number?

Also, is there anything else I need to have/do if I'm doing a valve check?  Will I need a new gasket for the cylinder head (I think that's the correct term)?

starorb

• View Profile
Re: Iridium Spark Plug and...?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »
WAIT, a better plug is the NAOR14LGS from brisk. Go on Amazon, and type in Kymco performance plugs, it will show 2 plugs, they BOTH are the same. It will give you a MUCH better ride. The plug that came with the scooter is the CR7 hsa, the new plug will say NAOR14LGS which is equal to the cr7. Its a perfect match, you can call Brisk in Texas and confirm if you dont trust.

150scoots

• View Profile
Re: Iridium Spark Plug and...?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
"WAIT, a better plug is the NAOR14LGS from brisk."

Anyone else try these plugs? Found them for about $24

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()