Author Topic: Yager to Motorcycle  (Read 3979 times)

snoboarder328

• View Profile
Yager to Motorcycle
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »
Anyone on this forum go from their Yager to a motorcycle?  If so, what kind of bike did you go to?  Did you miss the scooter life?

After recently taking a Motorcycle Safety Course to get my license, I really want a motorcycle.  At the same time, I love my Yager GT so much. 

luckychucky

• As long as you have your health
    • View Profile
Re: Yager to Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 02:58:52 AM »
What is a Yager?  Can I see a photo of it since you love it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 10:00:48 AM »
Anyone on this forum go from their Yager to a motorcycle?  If so, what kind of bike did you go to?  Did you miss the scooter life?

After recently taking a Motorcycle Safety Course to get my license, I really want a motorcycle.  At the same time, I love my Yager GT so much. 
Did you take the course on a motorcycle?
Me too.
Great fun...yes?
Maybe ride your Yager and find a nice used 250 or 300cc bike?
Enjoy both!?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »
I had a Yager and really did not want to get anything else. However, wife insisted I get a new bike. You really need to try a test ride on a Downtown or a People 300. Then call us in the morning with your decision.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:50:42 PM »
I tested on a motorcycle, and then went to a Yager. Great scooter, and had no regrets. Motorcylcs are fun, but I love the twist and go power and convenience of a scooter. Plus, most motorcycles don’t have the storage capacity that a flat running board scooter does. My former Yager was great
for that.

Currently, I ride a Downtown, and love it too. More power, and with it more avenues (and highways) to travel and explore.

- Wolf

eakins

• Butler Motorcycle Maps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »
I've owned 15+ motorcycles over the years (still own a 2012 650 Vstrom, 2008 WR250R & 2007 MP3 400) but still love to zip around on my wife's Yager. It's just light and easy in town vrs getting out the larger machines.

Can't answer your ? as I started on motorcycles, but i'd keep the Yager for city work and use your new bike for longer rides.
Try and get a multi-cyl bike for smoother motor action if you can.

I always thought this would be a great step up as it a parallel twin 250 so smooth and powerful for the size.
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/GW250/2015/GW250.aspx
Upright and comfortable and you can modify it for your needs with windshields & soft bags.

These are also sweet FI 250 thumpers http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/TU250X/2016/TU250X.aspx

You might even go for a dual-sport as it's a standard motorcycle that opens you up to all the back dirt roads and away from traffic. https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring-dual-sport/models/xt250
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:19:15 PM by eakins »

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 01:01:49 AM »
I did the Motorcycle Safety Course on a motorcycle (a 500 cc Honda, IIRC), and it felt like dancing with a fat woman... you had to tug and pull and overly lean to get it to do anything compared to the scooter, which I can flip from left grind to right grind with a mere thought. Unless you're looking to break the speed limit in a serious way or do really long distance rides, a scooter is all you need.

snoboarder328

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 02:39:28 PM »
I ended up getting a used 2014 Triumph Bonneville from Craigslist.  I've also decided to not sell the Yager.  It's still use it very frequently for short trips and city commuting.  I use the Bonne for longer rides and weekend cruising.  Thank you all for the advice.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »
The Yager is hard to quit. I'm tempted by a Yager in my area on Craigslist, though there's no reason to have a second scooter, other than the fact that I miss my old bike.

- Wolf

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 08:42:47 PM »
totally understand the desire for a motorcycle....I also took the MSF course this summer and enjoyed it so much that I bought a 2014 Ninja 300 off CL with ~2800 miles. I'm keeping my People S200 as they are two totally different riding experiences..

And I can carry 2 six packs home on the scooter!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 09:55:38 PM »
I ended up getting a used 2014 Triumph Bonneville from Craigslist.  I've also decided to not sell the Yager.  It's still use it very frequently for short trips and city commuting.  I use the Bonne for longer rides and weekend cruising.  Thank you all for the advice.

That is a beautiful bike! I have always like the Bonnevilles styling.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

SteveADV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 10:35:16 PM »

I had never ridden a Bonneville (or any "standard" bike) until my Triumph dealer lent me a Bonneville to ride in this year's Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride. Kinda cool but not my favorite style of motorcycle from an ergo point of view. It really is a classic along the same lines as the Harley Road King Classic, but in a totally different category. Identifiable "classic styles" much like a Vespa.

snoboarder328

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »

Thanks man. It's a lot of fun to ride but I'm definitely glad I didn't sell the scooter as I enjoy going back and forth between the two.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()