Author Topic: Slight popping sound On Deceleration  (Read 1805 times)

mike11148

• View Profile
Slight popping sound On Deceleration
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:00:40 AM »
Hi all.Looking for some advice to diagnose my agility 125.This is a new scooter with only 800 km on it.Today when stopping at intersections it kept stalling,it appeared the idle speed was too low.I drove it home and took the seat off to check for a loose hose or anything else I could see.I could not find anything loose so I started it up and adjusted the idle speed up.It did not stall any more but it was running rough at low idle and occasionally popping on deceleration.It ran great at higher speeds.I brought it back home and removed the spark plug that I changed 200 miles ago.The end of the plug was totally black but not wet.I put a new one in and it runs slightly better but still not right.It still pops on deceleration from the muffler.The only thing I do know is the gas is not the problem.It is under warranty but I don't feel comfortable driving it 20 miles to the dealer.I only have a general idea on how to adjust a carburetor but I did not even see an adjustment screw.If the carb does need an adjustment,I just cant see how it could be perfect one minute and off this much the next minute.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MrXT

• View Profile
Re: Slight popping sound On Deceleration
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »
The popping sound is the sound of unburnt fuel hitting the hot exhaust pipe and exploding. Unless its really loud and or causes the bike to jolt then its not really a problem as almost all bikes do this. As for your low idle you can try adjusting the idle screw and see if that helps. If its that new surely you have a warranty on it? just have them repair/service it?
Kymco agility city 125cc (2013)
4000km

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 05:18:58 PM »
Black plug indicates a rich mixture.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:46:51 PM »
I get a slight "baby fart" popping on my People. I think it is pretty common.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Metreaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
It's pretty common. Remember that Kymco scooters use the PAIR system which injects clean air into the exhaust emissions. The "baby fart" isn't much to worry about, unless you feel a wet spray of fuel (if you put your hand behind the exhaust pipe). That indicates a rich condition.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »
IMO

You should take it to the dealer.
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()