Author Topic: 2012 kymco Agility Scooter, CDI issues NO SPARK  (Read 1105 times)

rowey94

• View Profile
2012 kymco Agility Scooter, CDI issues NO SPARK
« on: May 01, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »
I bought a Kymco for my cousin because she wanted a scooter and I knew that Kymco's were sweet! It was a a 2012, it was super slow so i looked online and tried to find ways to make it faster... long story short I decided that if I cut the CDI it would help... ended up destroying the CDI... i then tried my buddies GY6 which was AC powered and my fuse blew.... So i ordered a DC CDI online and I'm still not getting any spark. :/ I really have no idea what to do at this point! I know a little bit about scooters but I have no idea what I need to do with this one! Anyone have a stock CDI they would sell me?!?! I just need to get it working.

mckayprod

• View Profile
Re: 2012 kymco Agility Scooter, CDI issues NO SPARK
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:17:28 PM »
Maybe you can get some info on your new CDI from the seller and check resistance measurements with a multimeter.  Chances are your numbers will be off because a regular meter will load the semiconductors in a weird way, but anything reasonable tells you the CDI is ok.  Then, recheck the obvious stuff:  the plug wire, the coil, the plug itself, maybe the magnetic trigger.  Hope this helps.

rowey94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:19 AM »
Heres a link to the CDI...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151776311111
How do I check the magnetic trigger and the other stuff?

mckayprod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
Well, maybe checking the mag. trigger is a little too much for now.  Check for good solid connections at the plug, coil and battery first.  Then check for continuity across the plug wire and coil with your meter.  Do you have the factory manual?  There are lots of resistance measurements in there that can narrow things down.

mckayprod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
Anything new to report?  We all want you back on the road with Kymco Power!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:32 AM »
You may have also blown the elec. relay..................  But most the time the fuse will go frist.                       

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()