Author Topic: I Need some help  (Read 1029 times)

Go fast

• View Profile
I Need some help
« on: April 28, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm new to this so please bare with me. I have a 2009 kymco people s 50. It has a big bore kit, performance variator and weights, carb and hotter ignition coil. This was all installed before I purchased the bike from a friend. I installed a performance starter recently because it would wouldn't crank without kick starting it. I'm unsure if the clutch springs, torque spring were changed and unsure about the size of the weights. So I want to know what exhaust would be right for my application and springs and if I should change my main carb jet and  pilot idle also. If there's anything else I should be doing at the same time please let me know......cheers

Go fast

• View Profile
Re: I Need some help
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
Some more info: the big bore is a 80cc, the carb is either a 20or23mm, the variator weights are 4,5or6gram, he purchased everything from scrappydogscooters if that helps.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:27:24 PM »
this 4cycle engine?, sorry all my knowledge is 2T
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Go fast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 03:02:07 AM »
Yes it's a 4stroke

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
You shouldn't need a larger exhaust as long as yours isn't restricted. Having said that, you might like the sound of a performance exhaust.

If your friend did things right when he installed the BBK, he should have already gotten the jetting right.

Rollers and clutch springs are really a personal preference item. With the BBK on a four stroke, it should have lots of torque, so you might want stock or heavier weights.

How's it riding for you?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()