Author Topic: super 9 lc used parts vendor, person or site?  (Read 1180 times)

prichmon

• View Profile
super 9 lc used parts vendor, person or site?
« on: April 26, 2016, 01:30:34 AM »
Anyone have a good suggestion on where or who to find used parts for the super 9 lc? I recently bought a basket case in WV and am in the process of getting it put back together. I need an air box cover, air filter and tool tray under the lock cover in the floor board.

The biggest issue was a burnt piston. It looks like the oil injection failed and killed the piston. I purchased a Naraku piston and am running premix currently. I reused the head gasket only to find a small leak somewhere in the jug, head or gasket. I ordered a new set of Hoca gaskets and will attempt to reassemble with those. Hopefully the coolant leakage will stop with a new head gasket.

Any suggestions on making the little fella seal would be much appreciated.

The scoot already has the .92 main jet, 6 gram weights with orange torque and clutch springs. I ordered a derestricted variator boss to allow it to run to its max.

Thanks

Rich

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: super 9 lc used parts vendor, person or site?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »
Used parts, good luck. Hit forums, 49ccscoot forum has a guy with a couple parts s9s that he may let things go from.
Check your head for a hairline crack. Happened to one on mine after a while, but it was a cheap bbk

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »
like tries says, for used parts, check ebay, forums, craigslist, availability will be sketchy.  you can get new parts very reasonable, the tool tray is approx $5 new, pod air filter $20, used OEM airbox probably more expensive used on ebay than new?

for head gasket leak, try a washer or 2 under the head bolts, sometimes with the BBK the cylinder is slightly shorter so you don't get the head properly torqued down.

Super 9 LC is premium scooter, do you really want a 49cc scoot that goes 60mph with no brakes, and bad handling?  Aprilia SR50's are cool, but I like Super 9 LC much better, mainly cause runs same or better than SR50 and since has less fancy tech you don't need like fuel injection, easier to work on, cost lots less $'s.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

prichmon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The s9 LC I have is a stock bore.

I have the jug and head at a machine shop for decking and pressure test. I don't have the ability to test at home.I ordered 47mm gaskets so reordered the correct 39mm bore gaskets.

I agree chaz the S9 is vastly to the sr50 in simplicity but the sr50 has other important advantages. SR was imported through 2015 and in unrestricted form gets upwards of 100 mpg while still doing 55mph or so.

The suspension and brakes are miles ahead of the scarabeo 50ac, vino and zumas. After a daring ride of 60 on a zuma I was ready for something more stable. The people 50 and Scarabeo both have big wheels but still lacked in brakes and suspension travel.

My ideal scoot would probably be an early carb sr50 with the minarelli lc e ngine 99-2000 maybe? But now we're talking an almost 20 yr old scooter.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:02 PM »
At my age, Super 9 LC goes plenty fast for me, especially at night (I like to ride at night in the summer, nice and cool).  I don't know how fast I am going, but probably approaching 60mph at times with tailwind or down slope.  I can easily run with traffic on 45mph roads with red lights and hills where cagers are going 50mph and faster.  Yes, my mileage is lousy (approx 60mpg, I have records to prove it), but not important to me.  I usually go riding for 2 or 3 hours on 1 fill-up, costs less than $3, very cheap IMO.

I look at scooters on craigslist all the time and keep telling myself I already have perfect scooter.  My son-n-law has 2013 Honda PCX150 (very nice scooter) I ride with from time to time.  Although he's a little faster, I have no trouble staying up with him.  I have no desire to replace my Super 9 with a PCX150.  If you are not familiar with Honda PCX125 or 150 scooters, they are highly rated and plenty peppy for riding in city traffic.  I guess the only reason I would get one is head lights on the Honda are very good, as good as a car.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()