Author Topic: Grand Vista Part out / B&L update  (Read 2804 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Grand Vista Part out / B&L update
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:46:41 PM »
Howdy everyone, Bettin here. Been absent for some time. Crazy 7day work weeks make it hard to have fun and help on forums. Anyway, still down in the Bay (Berkely). Little life update; I got a free Grand Vista when I started working at San Fransisco Scooter Centre (Sweet huh?) but have since been involved in a crash on the Bay Bridge and need to part the GV out and get back on my Bet & Win. Front forks are wrecked, and I suspect triple tree and frame is bent also. Everything from the legshield back is cherry, good seat (Missing hump). Windshield is good. Headlight is good. All electrical components good. Good plastics everywhere except from. Good mirrors minus slight scratches. Good gauge cluster. I'm swapped the motor into the Bet 'n Win. I'll slowly be posting the parts on eBay but I wanted to give anyone on here first dibs. I just need to recoup my $400 tow charge for getting it off the bridge. PS I was not badly injured in the crash, felt like someone punched my arm really hard for a couple days and a large bruise on my leg from it bending the handle bars about 6" forward. I ended up sitting on the scooter upright after the crash a little confused. Anyway, PM me if your wondering if I have anything. All plastics are red.

2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Vista Part out / B&L update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:56:27 PM »
Hey, B&L! Glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the crash. Good to hear you are more or less OK!  Wow, Bay bridge, that sucks!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:03:46 PM »
Thanks CROSSBOLT!!! Yeah it was brutal, on the section of the bridge where there is literally ZERO shoulder. I tossed the scooter as far left as I could and got a ride home to get my pickup, in the 45 minutes it took my scooter was already in a tow lot. $400 to tow ~1mi. Oh well, scooter was free and no real injuries so I'll take that over money any day. I ride the Bay Bridge every day from East Bay to SF for work.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 02:19:34 AM »
Wow, sorry about crash, but glad you apparently survived OK!  Good Luck.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »
Good to see your ok with no fractures etc.

I need a LH Switch (horn, blinkers etc) with its 2 connector for the 2013 Super 8 50 t.

Ill offer $20 including the shipping if they will work.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »
Is THIS the bridge you're riding on every day B & L ??
And is that the bridge surface in the picture of the wrecked scoot? Looks slippery and greasy.....Geeze!.
I did not know S.F. built another bridge.....that thing is incredible and must be a bit of an adventure crossing over in a breeze!

I'd surely like you to take some snaps of your scooter in my second fav city in the world! I know you're busy - but if you think of it....park it and walk across the street and take some pix of it in that city of your's.

also, tell the truth - were you trying to unwrap a Moon Pie when you rear-ended something hard?
(You gotta use your teeth ...and keep one hand on the bars)
Darn glad you are mostly OK there B & L....you remain a big part of this scooter forum!! Hate to have to break in a New Guy!
Take care & write home when you can...
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:20 AM »
A Bet and Win 250 came up on CL here local, I know you have one, so I read about it, never had an interest in one before, appears to be a very good scoot.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:21 AM »
Stig, yes that's the new section of the Bay Bridge. My crash was in the undercover section of the old suspension part, from SF to treasure island. They are demoing the old section, very very slowly. It's actually much safer than most of the city streets in SF if you ride carefully and keep your distance. My crash was a total fluke, and like every crash it was something I was not expecting or looking out for. I lane split every day and cut my commute in 1/4, ~1hr in my truck and $5 toll, 15-20min on the bike and $2.50 toll. The lanes are SUPER wide here and traffic for the most part is very very good at giving you room on a bike, because every bike lane splits on the freeway especially on the bay bridge. I have found out that these 250 motors can take way more abuse than I ever thought before, I am WOT every day at about 8500 RPM for 15-20 minutes. No issues what-so-ever. Working on tons and tons of vintage scooters at San Fransisco Scooter centre and getting pretty adept at the workings of vintage Vespa and Lambretta bikes. There is a large following in SF for vintage scooters, and people actually use them not just weekend warriors. Pretty cool!

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
I have a 2009 GV 250 with a crummy rear caliper. Will your fit? If so, how much? I'm in Seal Beach, CA,90740.  Stuo
2009 GV 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:57 PM »
I have a 2009 GV 250 with a crummy rear caliper. Will your fit? If so, how much? I'm in Seal Beach, CA,90740.  Stuo
Stio
You might try PMing B&L.....it's  been a year since he posted this.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
Old thread, I guess...
But it's always good to hear a gladiator has survived !
...almost worthy of a badge...

(Do them penny rolling imprint machines make one for the Bay Bridge ?)
redk

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
Hey B and L!

I need a rear caliper for my 2009 GV... and possibly the rear master cylinder if the caliper doesn't solve the tight brake problem. If the price for both is reasonable I'll buy both.

Stuo (newbe)
2009 GV 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()