Author Topic: Bet and win 150 hard to start  (Read 2622 times)

Betandwin150

• View Profile
Bet and win 150 hard to start
« on: March 27, 2016, 09:17:20 PM »
Hello. I have a 07 bet and win 150. When i first got it last year it would intermittently idle high. (~3000 rpm). It finally got stuck high so i adjusted the idle down manually. Now it is hard to start cold. I replaced the bystarter this month (without diagnostics) and it is still ng. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Bike works fine but hard to start when canadian cold.

beermak

• View Profile
Re: Bet and win 150 hard to start
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:08:13 AM »
Once it starts do you have the bike choked until it warms up?
How's ur battery doing? Old? Did you try to give some extra juice with jump start cables?
Your saying when hot idles fine.. al rough 1800s?

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Betandwin150

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »
I dont have it choked. I assumed it is automatic electric choke. Battery age is unknown but it can crank along time when it wont start. Doesn't seem like a problem. No I didn't jump start it. Idles between 1500-2000 when hot. A bit sporadic. If I try to add throttle while starting it wont start or when cold started I add throttle it stalls. Needs to just warm up at idle when cold. In another week here the problem will disappear due to warmer weather.

doublej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
Probably the bi-starter choke. It is a known problem on 250,s. Easy fix and usually fairly cheap. Look for GY6 carb bistarter on the web. Ones attachment point and a two wire plug in.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()