Author Topic: WHERE CAN I GET JETS TO TUNE THE ORIGINAL CARB WITH A TUNED EXHAUST ??  (Read 2752 times)

KYMCO2TCHLTNC

• View Profile
JETSRUS WANTS A PICTURE OF THE ORIGINAL JET I THOUGHT ALL THE KYMCO 2 STOKE CARBS TOOK THE SAME JETS I THINK I MIGHT NEED A 88 OR 90 OR SO WITH A TECHNIGAS EXHAUST. I UNDERSTAND WHAT A PLUG CHOP IS FINALLY, THANKS TO JOSH AT THE SCOOTER GARAGE.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
I buy mine at jetsrus.  You probably have Keihin PB16 carb on your scooter, Like 50 2T?.

If you don't like jetsrus, do a search "jets" there are other suppliers.  for example:  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=9345.msg104040#msg104040.

Get back if need more info.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

browncoat

• View Profile
Re: WHERE CAN I GET JETS TO TUNE THE ORIGINAL CARB WITH A TUNED EXHAUST ??
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 03:00:47 PM »
I buy mine at jetsrus.  You probably have Keihin PB16 carb on your scooter, Like 50 2T?.

If you don't like jetsrus, do a search "jets" there are other suppliers.  for example:  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=9345.msg104040#msg104040.

Get back if need more info.  Cheers

Hey Chaz - I have a 2013 like 50 2t and I'd like to try a new jet in my carb. Any suggestions on where to start size-wise when going from stock? Before I mess with the jets, I'll be installing an unrestricted boss, but that will be the only modification from stock (well, might put in Dr. Pulley sliders at the same time). Thanks!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
Hello browncoat, not sure you need larger carb jet(s) until you modify air filter to allow more air, or install performance pipe.  Good luck, cheers.  :-)
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

browncoat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Hello browncoat, not sure you need larger carb jet(s) until you modify air filter to allow more air, or install performance pipe.  Good luck, cheers.  :-)

I see, I was under the impression that Kymcos were restricted by 1. Restricted variator boss and 2. Downsized main jet and that if I went up to an 85 main jet I'd be back to the intended main jet size for the stock pipe.

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 05:23:25 AM »
browncoat,

I think you're right. I thought it might have been a 92 main but dont take my word. Its been a while
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:00:06 AM »
that is correct mine actually came with the unrestricted boss and and an 85 main jet in a bag with owners manual when bought new the carb had a 78 main in it when I bought it
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

An Error Has Occurred!