Author Topic: Speed wobble and other issues  (Read 2950 times)

TRESVN

• View Profile
Speed wobble and other issues
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »
I have had the scoot for about 3 weeks now. I ride it 11 miles back and forth to work almost everyday.
I have put a little bit over 200 km on it so far. I  managed to get it up to 50mph going down hill but it began to wobble so I slowed down. Is there and way to make the wheels more stable? Balancing or the weights in the tire itself. I'm usually in pretty heavy traffic so 50 mph isn't needed all that often but still if the scoot will go that fast I'd like it stable. Also I noticed that when I am at full throttle for an extended period of time when I stop it smokes alot. I picked up a case of the amsoil synthetic 2 stroke oil and that helped alot but it still happens. Normal?

Can anyone tell me the weight of the stock rollers in a vitality 2t? i can pop it open and weigh thm but perfer not to.
Thanks in advance
TRE
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:27:30 AM by TRESVN »
04 vitality 50 2t

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Speed wobble and other issues
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 04:11:33 AM »
Ok tresvn, http://www.sudco.com/pj1.html  That will take care of the tires. Running high rpms will separate the oil from the fuel. It's sort of a centrifuge type effect. The extra oil will fall to the bottom of the cases. When you return to low rpm's the vacuum is higher, and lifts the oil off the floor soooo some extra smoke is normal. I use Golden Spectro 2t Full Synth. Almost no smoke, and w/ a little Sea Foam in every third tank NO carbon build up. This is the OEM part#, and weight for your rollers SKU: 22121-GW0-9010
ROLLER COMP WEIGHT 8.5 gr.     7Gr. will bring it right to life
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TRESVN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 04:34:57 AM »
Thanks Zombie I'm going to look in to both of those. It moves along pretty good A lil more start off speed would be nice tho. I'm going to try and get some video of my ride home on Tues if I do i'll post it
04 vitality 50 2t

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
Take your front wheel off and check the bearings if you are getting a speed wobble. Also check your tyre pressure. Most scoots are around 33psi front and back

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()