Author Topic: Couple problems to address  (Read 1094 times)

RiderRider

• View Profile
Couple problems to address
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »
Hey guys. New to the forum. Just bought an 03 Zx50 and have a couple questions.
First off, my electric start does not work at all. No click or anything. Kick start works everytime and when off, the blinkers turn on so I don't think it is a totally dead battery issue.
Second question is the blinkers do not work when I am using the brakes. I think this is due to the power being ran to the brake light and headlight.
After looking around here a little I am considering buying a new CDI. I will check mine out a little later today to see if it looks bad.

Final question. When accelerating the scooter picks up fine. No problem getting up to about 15 mph but from 15-23ish the acceleration slows down and then picks back up from 25-40 mph fine when on flat. Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

Thanks

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: Couple problems to address
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
one sounds like electric starter is dead two maybe have a short somewhere with brake and signals or a fuse bout to go bad third maybe carb needs cleaned and or a new variator how many miles on scooter?
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

RiderRider

• View Profile
Re: Couple problems to address
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
one sounds like electric starter is dead two maybe have a short somewhere with brake and signals or a fuse bout to go bad third maybe carb needs cleaned and or a new variator how many miles on scooter?

9500 Km on the scooter. I thought of replacing the rollers with lighter ones. Then putting on derestricted boss drive and taking a look at the variator. Guy I bought it from says the CDI is already spliced but I haven't really looked too long at it.
I'm not very good at the electrical side but I can work on the mechanical side enough

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()