Author Topic: Derestricting a People 50  (Read 31062 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Derestricting a People 50
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13:36 AM »
  You should have 8.5 stock weights, I think 7.5 works best with the mods you have now. I kitted mine before trying the spring upgrade so stock may work with the spring. Currently running 9.5g with lots of mods. Go with the green malossi or 1500 rpm I think.
  Think of the fly's as fine tuning dont worry till you get the rest settled. (They affect the take of grab) Heavy for quiker grab and light to soften it. If your not in the range they do nothing noticable.
  The uni is O.K. but the k/n is the way to go.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

spddm0n

• View Profile
Re: Derestricting a People 50
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »
Excellent thread!!!

I'm just starting the process to get my 2009 People 50 going a little faster.  :) 
I remove the drive boss yesterday and had a friend help me machine it down.  We didn't remove the entire shoulder, since I wasn't sure if the belt would ride too high inside the belt case, when the drive face (with the teeth) and the movable drive face come together all the way.  Is it safe to allow the full length of the drive boss to be machined?  I noticed that I could not exceed 40 MPH downhill yesterday. :) 

Also, did I read correctly, the early model exhaust systems are less restrictive?  I found a 2003 People 50 I'm picking up for parts, that still has the exhaust on it.  Will that work well in place of an aftermarket exhaust to free the flow up a bit?

If I have the 2003 exhaust system, do I upgrade the main jet size a little bit to get more power?  If so, how do I properly size that?

Also, I noticed that my scooter really suffers in performance at WOT.  There is a little vacuum switch of some kind (with the fuel filter), that cuts of fuel flow to the carburetor at WOT (no manifold pressure).  Is there a safe way to disable this, without removing the safety feature to cut off fuel in the event the scooter tips over, etc.?

Lastly, did you guys determine the CDI does NOT restrict the engine, electronically?  I should have a CDI on the 2003 scooter I could use also.

Thanks for any help!!  This scooter rocks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()