Author Topic: TIME FOR A BASIC TUNE-UP/ UPGRADE  (Read 35428 times)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
TIME FOR A BASIC TUNE-UP/ UPGRADE
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
HEY ALL, I WAS JUST WONDERING WHO SELL GREAT PARTS FOR OUR KYMCO SCOOTERS ON LINE----I WOULD LIKE A SPARK PLUG,AIR/FUEL FILTER,BRAKES(FRONT/REAR ARE DISK) FOR MY 2003 SUPER 9----IF I MISS ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW,I CHECK ON TUNING TAGS(I SEE OTHER SITES AWAYS TALK ABOUT JETS-CARBS-EXHAUST AND SO ON), ( I AM DOING A REGULAR TUNE-UP)THANKS
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:46:35 PM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: TIME FOR A BASIC TUNE-UP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »
Stadium Yamaha has the best price on OEM parts I know of.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »
http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx    That's my favorite store for OEM parts. I would look at the rollers/belt/contra, and clutch springs at the same time. I do mine once a year... need them or not. You may also find new clutch shoes are needed, as I doubt anyone has changed them. All those extras won't add up to 75 more bucks.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »
BELTS AND ROLLERS I'V HEARD OF BUT (CONTRAS--WHATS THAT)
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
Stands for contrast spring.  It is the large spring between the torque driver and clutch.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
I'LL SEE IF STADIUM YAMAHA HAS THE PARTS FOR MY SUPER 9, I HOPE I DO NOT NEED NO SPECAIL TOOLS---THANKS
ALL STOCK

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »
you can try sliders instead of rollers. I have not tryed yet but I here they are great.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:06:22 AM »
Another good suggestion! If you don't want to get into the guts, you can ask for a quote to install a much better cvt set-up. That's the contra who-izts, and stuff. If you love it now You will be arrested for what you feel after tuning the cvt.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
50 MPH IS THE TOP SPEED FOR THESE SCOOTERS WITH BOSS/DE-RESTRICT AS FAR AS I KNOW---OTHER THEN INTAKE/EXHAUST CHANGE I CAN NOT GET NO MORE SPEED---I THINK ONE OF YOU GUY TOLD ME THAT.
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »
Tuning the cvt will get you to top end much quicker. You may even get some easy wheelies out of it. The idea is to get higher rpm's w/ lighter rollers, and delaying the time for the clutch to lock up. Even if you kept all the stock components, I would suggest changing them at least once a year as these are all parts that wear out w/ use.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
I DON'T KNOW IF A SCOOTER CAN WHEELIE BUT I WILL LOOK INTO THE PARTS---IS THERE A CERTAIN KIT THAT HAS EVERYTHING THAT I NEED FOR THE CVT CHANGE.
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
Stadium can help you out there too. Just order a set of rollers/sliders (your choice), and ask for a clutch fly spring kit. I think I saw you have 7.5gr. now? w/ all else being stock the 7.5 sliders, and the clutch springs may be the ticket for you. I think I read that you didn't like the 7gr. as they revved too high fro you! The sliders are supposed to respond smoother, and the clutch will allow the engine to rev into the power band before trying to roll. It takes some getting used to but the difference is nite/day.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
NOT ME, MY CVT IS FULLY STOCK SO WHAYEVER STOCK IS I HAVE BUT I DO NOTICE THAT WHEN I TAKE OFF I TURN THE THROTTLE AT LEAST 1/4  BEFOR THE CVT GRAB TO TAKE OFF
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
The stock rollers are 8gr. so the 7's are good, the 6's are better. My opinion. I have to hit 1/2-3/4 throttle to lock up the clutch, but have gotten used to it. Lighter rollers/stiffer springs will increase the rpm's both overall, and at take off. If that is not what you want then just ask for all the OEM replacements, and you will be just as good as new.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
OK GREAT I'LL DO A LITTLE CHANGE, LETS SEE WHAT STADIUM HAS
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()