Author Topic: New Member - Like 200i Anniversary  (Read 6864 times)

NJrider

• View Profile
Re: New Member - Like 200i Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 04:07:22 AM »
Hi NJrider, My husband Vic and I are also from Hackensack. We've been having a blast riding our Like 50s at the Jersey Shore (LBI) and now have brought them up north. However, the 50cc's can't climb some of the hills here so we're looking to upgrade to the Like 200i or something comparable. One option is the SYM Fiddle III 200i. The Fiddle is very nice looking and the seat is a little lower, but the Like has both front & back disc brakes, which I've been reading is a real plus. We're leaning towards the Like but we noticed there's no kick starter. Does anyone see that as a deal breaker? Also, we're having trouble finding a certified shop in our area for service. Lastly, does anyone know whether the Like will still be available after 2016? We've really enjoyed our Likes and have had no issues since purchase. I have a 2013 and Vic has a 2014. I'm have 850 miles on mine.

Hey Jersey Sue and Vic!

Nice to see more NJ people here, Hackensack definitely has some steep hills to challenge a 50cc bike.  My 200 has no issues with them and the bike has impressed me more than I expected.  I did not find the lack of a kick start to be an issue since my wife's Vespa 250 and my old Vespa 250 did not have them.  I honestly think the Like starts quicker than the Vespas.  As for service, I got mine from JR motorsports in Haverstraw NY but decided to service it myself since it is so easy.  I have done 3 oil changes on it as well as the valves and both are pretty simple.  The only other dealer I know of is in Bellville NJ but have heard mixed reviews.  At this point my next change on the bike will be replacing the stock tires with whitewalls.  Hope to see you around Hackensack!

NJrider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 04:21:13 AM »
Hey Jersey! Welcome. :)

I have family in Piscataway (exit 10, LOL). Say hi when you pass by.

I love your scoot, nice color. Do the chrome bars get in your way at all? I'm thinking of adding the chrome kit but worry that my short legs will get hung up on the chrome bars when I plant my feet or mount/dismount.... thoughts?

Hi DJPO,

I think you are referring to my bike with the crash bars.  I love the way they look and the price on them was too good to pass up.  They really don't add to much width to the bike but everyone has different views about how much is too much for them.  My main concern is having them for protection since I had a spill on my previous Vespa 250 coming out of the Lincoln tunnel and they saved the cowl from denting and only ended up with scratches.  Aside from that they look great and add a nice classic look to the bike.  I say go for them, they take less than 30 minutes to install.  Was almost in Pistcataway for a bike blessing earlier in the month!

Jersey Sue and Vic

• Jersey Sue
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »
Yes, you can take it on any scooter over 50cc, but if it's less than 231 cc, you are limited to riding bikes 500cc and under.

Thanks very much! That'll do fine.

Jersey Sue
2017 Like 200i (white)
2015 Like 200i (midnight blue)
2014 Like 50 LX (blue & white)
2013 Like 50 (ivory)
Hackensack, NJ

Jersey Sue and Vic

• Jersey Sue
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 03:06:32 AM »
Hi DJPO,

I think you are referring to my bike with the crash bars.  I love the way they look and the price on them was too good to pass up.  They really don't add to much width to the bike but everyone has different views about how much is too much for them.  My main concern is having them for protection since I had a spill on my previous Vespa 250 coming out of the Lincoln tunnel and they saved the cowl from denting and only ended up with scratches.  Aside from that they look great and add a nice classic look to the bike.  I say go for them, they take less than 30 minutes to install.  Was almost in Pistcataway for a bike blessing earlier in the month!

NJ Rider, where did you get the good buy on the crash bars?

Jersey Sue
2017 Like 200i (white)
2013 Like 50 (ivory)
Hackensack, NJ

Jersey Sue and Vic

• Jersey Sue
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 03:27:55 AM »
Hey Jersey Sue and Vic!

Nice to see more NJ people here, Hackensack definitely has some steep hills to challenge a 50cc bike.  My 200 has no issues with them and the bike has impressed me more than I expected.  I did not find the lack of a kick start to be an issue since my wife's Vespa 250 and my old Vespa 250 did not have them.  I honestly think the Like starts quicker than the Vespas.  As for service, I got mine from JR motorsports in Haverstraw NY but decided to service it myself since it is so easy.  I have done 3 oil changes on it as well as the valves and both are pretty simple.  The only other dealer I know of is in Bellville NJ but have heard mixed reviews.  At this point my next change on the bike will be replacing the stock tires with whitewalls.  Hope to see you around Hackensack!

NJrider,

Vic & I would love to meet you and your wife for a beer locally for some friendly scooter talk and chat about some good rides around Bergen County. We found that Pointin' Still has a scooter friendly parking lot. Let us know if you're up for it sometime. P.S., I saw a guy riding up Prospect Ave. last summer with my same bike, an ivory Like, while I was waiting for the am bus to NYC. Could that have been you?? That would be hilarious!

Jersey Sue
2017 Like 200i (white)
2013 Like 50 (ivory)
Hackensack, NJ

NJrider

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 03:22:39 AM »

NJ Rider, where did you get the good buy on the crash bars?

Jersey Sue

I got the crash bars at the dealer (OEM),  I think they gave me a 10 or 20% discount since I got them with the scoot, but even at full price they are a bargain at under $125.  An OEM set for a vespa is over $500!  BTW, installation is a piece of cake on them.

Jersey Sue and Vic

• Jersey Sue
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
I got the crash bars at the dealer (OEM),  I think they gave me a 10 or 20% discount since I got them with the scoot, but even at full price they are a bargain at under $125.  An OEM set for a vespa is over $500!  BTW, installation is a piece of cake on them.

Love them! Thanks.
2017 Like 200i (white)
2013 Like 50 (ivory)
Hackensack, NJ

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()