Author Topic: Where is the spark plug on a Like200i?  (Read 5735 times)

starorb

• View Profile
Re: Where is the spark plug on a Like200i?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »
Go on Amazon and type in kymco performance plugs, order it, 1 comes, might not be the yellow one, BOTH are the same, and work great. Its an equal to the plug it came with, as the heat level=ok.

ScooterLar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »
Remove the center cover and reach in on the left side (looking to the back of the scooter) of the engine. There you will find a black wire and a sparkplugcap going into the cylinderhead of the engine. pull out the sparkplugcap and use the onboard tools to remove the sparkplug.

FYI....Please note that removing the center cover is not as easy as removing the two philips head screws at the bottom of the cover. To safely remove the center cover, you need to remove the seat/bucket and then you can access the tabs that lock the center cover in place. If you try to remove the center cover without removing the seat/bucket, I can almost guarantee that you will snap off several of the plastic tabs that lock it into place. Removing the seat/bucket will also make it easier to access the spark plug.

Also, threading in the new spark plug is not easy because the spark plug hole is set in so deep. The best way to thread the new plug into the spark plug hole is to attach a short piece of fuel hose to the threads on top of the plug and then thread it into the hole. It may take a few attempts to thread it in properly. Just be sure not to cross thread it.   
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:16:32 AM by ScooterLar »
2005 Grand Vista
2006 Vespa LX 150
2009 Grand Vista
2006 People 250
2013 Like 200
2013 Like 200 LX
2012 Genuine Buddy 170i
2009 Genuine Buddy 125

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
[very
Go on Amazon and type in kymco performance plugs, order it, 1 comes, might not be the yellow one, BOTH are the same, and work great. Its an equal to the plug it came with, as the heat level=ok.
N o o o o....
The OP's question was where is the spark plug.
Spamming a forum site is a very very very good way to turn people off to any product.
Hate has nothing to do with it......people don't hate a rude interrupting  child.....they just want to put a squirrel in his shorts.
Stig
.....Karl, where'd you put our box of squirrels ?? You used them last.....
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
FYI....Please note that removing the center cover is not as easy as removing the two philips head screws at the bottom of the cover. To safely remove the center cover, you need to remove the seat/bucket and then you can access the tabs that lock the center cover in place. If you try to remove the center cover without removing the seat/bucket, I can almost guarantee that you will snap off several of the plastic tabs that lock it into place. Removing the seat/bucket will also make it easier to access the spark plug.

Also, threading in the new spark plug is not easy because the spark plug hole is set in so deep. The best way to thread the new plug into the spark plug hole is to attach a short piece of fuel hose to the threads on top of the plug and then thread it into the hole. It may take a few attempts to thread it in properly. Just be sure not to cross thread it.   
Agree sbout the center panel and seat bucket removal. Canada sells a butter knife that helps ease off that center panel without breaking the plastic tabs. (See youtube LIKE200I valve adjustment video)
The correct tool always makes things easier! :-)
→☆Stig☆←
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterLar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
I just replaced the spark plug on my wife's Like 200. It was much easier and quicker the second time around (I did my Like 200 yesterday). The center cover gave me some problems getting it off, but I ultimately prevailed. All in all, it took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:33:06 PM by ScooterLar »
2005 Grand Vista
2006 Vespa LX 150
2009 Grand Vista
2006 People 250
2013 Like 200
2013 Like 200 LX
2012 Genuine Buddy 170i
2009 Genuine Buddy 125

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 01:14:33 PM »
[veryN o o o o....
The OP's question was where is the spark plug.
Spamming a forum site is a very very very good way to turn people off to any product.
Hate has nothing to do with it......people don't hate a rude interrupting  child.....they just want to put a squirrel in his shorts.
Stig
.....Karl, where'd you put our box of squirrels ?? You used them last.....

I don't know! I'm looking! I' looking! Oh, where.......
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 12:46:12 AM »
It's somewhere on the engine Karl. I think.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()