Author Topic: anyone run snowmobile 2T oil?  (Read 2327 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
anyone run snowmobile 2T oil?
« on: January 15, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
I started out running Amsoil Terminator (full synthetic), a very good oil, but then got hard to find at a good price.  So I looked around and got some good deals on snowmobile oil (full synthetic), as I recall I bought 2 different gallons of the stuff.  I don't remember brands, but no problems, no smoke, worked great.

After that, I didn't see any more good deals on snowmobile oil, so I decided to try some semi-synthetic.  I figured, just street riding, I was wasting my $'s on expensive full synthetic.  I looked around and decided on Lucas Semi-Synthetic, had good reviews, and very good price.  I bought a gallon and started using it.  Weather was warmer and was working OK for me, so I bought another gallon. 

I think it's a pretty good oil in hot weather, but cooler weather it was giving me trouble.  1st it smokes, not just a little, but a lot.  Next, with the LC engine, I think it takes awhile to warm up, and 1st couple of red lights after idling awhile, it became a mosquito fogger, and ran bad until it cleared out after the light turned green.  I even think it was messing up my carb tuning, plus was fouling plugs fast.

So, I started looking for another full synthetic and after a lot of research I settled on Lucas Snowmobile Oil (full synthetic), another snowmobile oil.  The other choice was Bel-Ray Si-7 full synthetic, but Lucas Snowmobile was less $'s so I tried it.  I also looked hard at Royal Purple Full Synthetic, but was pre-mix only, not recommended for oil injection systems.  Funny thing, I read that Royal Purple makes the full synthetic snowmobile oil for Lucas.  You have to look at the Lucas website, but the Lucas Snowmobile oil is recommended
for premix and oil injection.

If the Lucas Snowmobile gives me trouble, I am going to Bel-Ray Si-7 next.  So far, it's like night and day, no more smoking, idles better, no more loading up at red lights.  When weather turns hot I will try to run the Lucas Semi-Synthetic again, but for cool weather I don't like it.

Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: anyone run snowmobile 2T oil?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:31:06 AM »
Haven't traid any snowmobile oils right now I"m on my second quart of Castrol Power RS TTS 2 stroke oil it's full synthetic and so far got no complaints but still new at this lol. Only time I get smoke is only startup where I let it idle to warm up or on cold days. But if I do decide to go to premix will probably go Amsoil, Balray, or Royal Purple...........I used to work for Royal Purple way back when they were still hardly known and one building in Humble, TX. They used to throw whole silos full of product away if the mix wasn't exactly right.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:28:03 AM »
I was using Bel Ray full synthetic but switched to Bel Ray mineral.  I was driving WAAAAY too much to spend almost 20 bucks a quart for the synthetic.  I've been using the mineral for over 6 months and it is only 11 bucks a quart at a scooter shop that I'd rather give my money to. Seems fine so far. 

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:28:46 AM »
I figure the snowmobile oil would be very useful in the temperatures I've been riding in...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 02:00:28 PM »
I run lucas at 40 to 1

Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
I run am soil interceptor..... no regrets. No smoke..... ran lc motor 26k km at red line till blew head gasket. Great oil

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:58:55 AM »
I usually use Bellray 2t synthetic blend and it was at the moment i went cheap and got some yamaha 2t universal oil I started loosing power, from 48mph to 42mph (stock) and adding the belray again was pointless for whatever wear that slowed me down. I have heard the transmission tunes itself to the oil its broken into. anything lighter like that will flow at another rate then a thicker fluid causing whatever wear to happen more rapidly, very self explanatory. for cold starts, try a manual choke or push button primer kit to add to your carburetor. Fuel and oil is not something i like to go cheap on, and also pay attention to gas stations due to their high levels of ethanol.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()