Author Topic: Derestricting questions  (Read 2423 times)

brankulo

• View Profile
Derestricting questions
« on: December 31, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
From reading posts here i understand that i need to replace boss and carb jet. As i understand, this is first stage of derestriction. Is there anything else part of this stage. Somahere i read something with exhust. Or is that not necessadry. Than i would tune the carb. My question is where can i get new boss and proper jet? I bougth second hand and prrevious ownner didnt give it to me.

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: Derestricting questions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 12:48:28 AM »
There are many scooter shops online that sell the derestricted boss and jets for the stock carb though if you have the money getting a Malossi Multivar from scooterpartsco is only 69 and give you better acceleration a lil higher top end and comes with derestricted boss but you would definitely have to up jet if you got that
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 01:30:30 AM »
Take your exhaust off and check if there is a washer welded in the pipe.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 04:15:33 AM »
What yr is your Like and it's a 50cc 2 stroke correct?
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

brankulo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
its like 50 2 stroke. i spoke with guy in local scooter store and he thinks that its already derestricted based on speeds i am hitting. i can go 40+/- no hills. i went almost 50 on steep downhill by my house. my problem is going up that hill. even with running start at the top of hill i am only going 10. what does exhaust washer do? not sure exactly where to look for the washer but will do some more research. thanks

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 02:58:20 AM »
You're definitely derestricted. For power on hills most say you got to get a bbk. I have just bought one but it is not gonna installed for awhile what I have done is upgrade my exhaust, carb, variator, rollers/slider weights, and Torque/Contra/Rear Puller spring.......it has alot of names but big spring works too. I'm still tuning mine due to messing up some things while installing so slowly building up to 50mph but on hills I rarely if ever drop below 40 now. If you look in my post http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=15066.0 you"ll see what I have purchased you can find alot of info just looking through posts on here and also look at some of the other 50cc scooter like Super 9 and others they mostly have same engine.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »
its like 50 2 stroke. i spoke with guy in local scooter store and he thinks that its already derestricted based on speeds i am hitting. i can go 40+/- no hills. i went almost 50 on steep downhill by my house. my problem is going up that hill. even with running start at the top of hill i am only going 10. what does exhaust washer do? not sure exactly where to look for the washer but will do some more research. thanks

Here's what Gosku said in the variator tuning thread about his People and hills , " Today I installed Malossi torsion controller, changed the belt to a new one (OEM of course) and changed the OEM rollers to Malossi 7 grams. The spring is the stock one. The difference is huge. According to my speedometer (which I have fixed today too) I'm doing above 60kmh when going uphill, and the hills are actually quite steep. Before changes I managed to ride 40kmh at best. Another good thing is that if I brake when riding uphill, I can then gain the 60kmh again with no problem. The engine stays at good RPMs no matter the terrain. On flat I'm fast to 70kmh, then it slows down but I'm nearly able to get to the limit on my speedo which is 80kmh. Overall I'm very satisfied and do not want to mess with torsion springs / rollers anymore because it feels like I have already found the sweet spot"   

Keep in mind he has a Tecnigas Next R pipe which adds quite a bit of power.  On my stock unrestricted People, I just changed to lighter rollers, 6 grams, and that helped me quite a bit on hills and I didn't lose any top speed.  I'm planning on adding a performance exhaust to help more on the hills. Will post back later on how that goes.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()