Author Topic: My Like so far. . .  (Read 3063 times)

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
My Like so far. . .
« on: December 28, 2015, 03:13:34 AM »
So I have had my 2013 Like 50 for just a bout 2 months now and when I first got it I was completely new to scooters in general, Kymcos, and 2 strokes. The day I brought it home I found this site and started reading as much as I could. I have had some serious hiccups along the way but have learned a ton in the last two months enough to where Carolina Fun Machines actually lets me come in and help out when they are busy. I've learned a ton in the last two months enough to have put on most of the bolt ons you can lol. I now have a Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust, Malossi Carb Kit with a 19mm Dellorto Carb, 90 main jet, Malossi Multivar, 8g Dr Pulley Sliders, Blue Malossi COntra spring, and Malossi Torsion controller. I have alot to go to get this tuned right (I somehow misplaced the rest of my 90s range jets) but it was this site and the previous posts that helped m install all this myself and keep it running reasonably well the next step is a BBK and either a more heavily modified air box or open filter.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: My Like so far. . .
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 01:03:39 AM »
I went through Like 50 2T and saw your posts.  Didn't see much about your 19mm carb.

I have the tecnigas next-r pipe and really like it.  I got a chrome one for my People 50 2T, but haven't run it yet, but will look cool on that scoot with it's plastic chrome lol's.  I run pod air filter and recommend it, I think you will have to up jet some more, but I don't know much about 19mm carb.  I was running 45 slow/ 108 main with oem carb on my 49cc People and engine loved it.

These scooters are fun.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 01:15:42 AM »
I will do a right up and pics soon I am at a 98 main jet now and have stock airbox but oem filter element out and red UNI filter element cut to fit its very high flowing I might still be lean as it hangs big time when I let off throttle I want to get it right before I write anything up. There are alot of people telling me to not run a pod filter as they are hard to tune and I also leave at 5 am and don't want to wake the neighborhood. Theres some good info at 49ccscoot.com there is a link there about tuning the Dellorto PHGB I believe and there are some of us on both forums.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 05:50:05 AM »
I don't know about pod filters being harder to tune, but it will be louder.  I was concerned about the extra noise, but I am used to it now, and don't think it really bothers anyone where I ride.

I guess it's harder to tune, because I am constantly messing with mine and still learning.  I have slow jets from 35 to 52 and main jets from 78 to 108.  The air screw adjustment is critical, and you probably need to change the main jet from summer to winter.

At this point I am more concerned with properly hooking up the throttle cable.  Not sure how to hook it up, but I am getting the idea it's just clobbered together by many.  Why buy an expensive carb and do a sloppy job on the throttle linkage?  I wish there was something you could buy that was just bolt on, but haven't seen it.  Cheers

1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:10:28 AM »
I still believe Malossi is bolt on for those that have the patience and more importantly the experience to disassemble  OEM spitter which most of us don't.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 06:45:37 PM »
Yes, I agree.  I personally don't have the experience, but I am having fun and learning as I go.  Malossi makes great stuff, also Dr Pulley, Tecnigas, and especially Kymco.  Cheers

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:28:48 AM »
pace, I was looking at my Malossi 19mm carb while I had the OEM carb off.  I noticed the bolt on manifold piece that the carb attaches to has larger ID than OEM manifold that it bolts to, that goes to the reed cage.  Did you port match the OEM manifold opening?

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 05:36:05 AM »
I plan to get the 20mm manifold that is exact OEM Kymco match but some mod theirs. I haven not the oem is 55 I can't wait for that lol my engine blew up though due to circlip coming out should be up and running by next week a friend gave me a loaner Yamaha C3 for now.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 05:01:45 PM »
Can you give link for manifold?  I liked Yamaha C3 for a time, have seen described as "ice chest" on wheels.  Good luck on your rebuild.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
It's at racingplanet.com also I think SIP has it I will find luck and post
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders