Author Topic: Clock not working  (Read 7206 times)

beermak

• View Profile
Clock not working
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:27 PM »
The scoot i just picked had a non working battery. Clock didnt work either and i suspected it was a battery issue.
Got a new battery everythung works but clock still not working.

It has an internal battery that i can try to change or its damaged and needs replacement?

Has anyone had any issue with this?

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Clock not working
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:18:07 AM »

Clock looks like it is attached as a separate small unit....

37280-LGR5-E10 - LCD ASSY CLOCK

$37.58

Maybe the buttons are wet, or stuck....a touch of electrical contact spray and some manipulation ?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
This clock is generally of lousy qualitiy and quits its work pretty soon and easily. Maybe due to humidity reasons also. Who knows.
I had mine replaced under warranty after 2 month. And while the clock works so far til now, the date function again shows weird numbers.
But I don´t give it too much attention. It´s just a tiny little clock/date display.

The clock itself does not have a seperate battery. It is powered by the scoots battery only.

And replacement is pretty much time-consuming, because you have to "rip apart" almost everything around the handlebar and the odometer/speedometer itself to get to the clock for a replacement.

So maybe to be done best when you have to change your brake fluid anyway (recommended approx. every two years).
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »
Ouchh!!

Seems a pita to replace. Hoped an essier solution to be honest.

I have my bike under warranty still.  So i might give a shot there. If it was a battery or something easy to fix might try it but here theres almost no chance that i can find that spare... and spend 37 usd in the states on that its not going to happen hehe

Thanks for you help (vespa and stig)

skipper20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:37:28 AM »
The scoot i just picked had a non working battery. Clock didnt work either and i suspected it was a battery issue.
Got a new battery everythung works but clock still not working.

It has an internal battery that i can try to change or its damaged and needs replacement?

Has anyone had any issue with this?

Thanks!

The clock on my 2013 with 3,600 miles on it was not working when I bought the scooter early last month. I figured that since it's the least important gauge on the scooter, I could get by without it just fine. Besides, it's so small that by glancing down at it for just a split second thereby taking your eyes off the road, it could be a safety problem. If you have to know the time and don't wear a wrist watch, get yourself one of those peel and stick MC clocks and stick it on the dash. They typically sell for around $30 and the numbers are bigger too.

Bill in Seattle
2013 Kymco Like 200i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 03:27:26 AM »
The clock/date is of low quality. The clock runs fine for a month then for a month noon and midnight become 00:##. Date works for a day or two before having a mind of its own. I just live with the clock as it keeps accurate time even though noon and midnight goes haywire.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:25:10 PM by TroutBum »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 12:30:17 PM »
I had a new VW Transporter with a small digital clock not working. Back ordered for over six months. ...service manager finally asked what I wanted to do. Clock was $220. I said how about you put in a new Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio... $210 and we call it square?
Heck of a nice radio !!
Sold the VW Bus 21 yrs later....kept that Blaupunkt !!
Probably feel guilty,  some day....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »
I can still part the old bike and take its clock. If i sell it in a whole piece i dont think they ever notice/care of a tiny clock if the bike is a total wreck hehehe

But before leaving on vacations i called the kymco dealer.. bike's still under warranty. And they asked. do you have service records..? no sir. Its a new to me bike and no records. And he responded. So no warranty can be used in your case.
I did remind him that a clock had nothing to do with a dumb clock!!
Id show personally when im back home

Warranties where never on my side. Always fixed my cars on my trusted shop. Dealers are terrible and generally they need to keep your car for several days snd end not doing anything in the end. Its cheaper in the long run to do my own maint and carry with costs and have the car running.

skipper20

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 04:16:51 AM »
I can still part the old bike and take its clock. If i sell it in a whole piece i dont think they ever notice/care of a tiny clock if the bike is a total wreck hehehe

But before leaving on vacations i called the kymco dealer.. bike's still under warranty. And they asked. do you have service records..? no sir. Its a new to me bike and no records. And he responded. So no warranty can be used in your case.
I did remind him that a clock had nothing to do with a dumb clock!!
Id show personally when im back home

Warranties where never on my side. Always fixed my cars on my trusted shop. Dealers are terrible and generally they need to keep your car for several days snd end not doing anything in the end. Its cheaper in the long run to do my own maint and carry with costs and have the car running.

If it were me I wouldn't spend time worrying about the clock or the original warranty which may not be transferable anyway since you're not the original owner. As I said earlier, if you absolutely have to know the time while you're underway and you don't wear a wristwatch, spend $25-$30 and get yourself a peel and stick MC clock and stick it on the dashboard. The numbers are bigger and easier to read than the tiny stock numbers so you'll be safer when you take your eyes off the road to glance at the clock.

Bill in Seattle
'13 Kymco Like 200i Red

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
[quote warrant
The clock on my 2013 with 3,600 miles on it was not working when I bought the scooter early last month. I figured that since it's the least important gauge on the scooter, I could get by without it just fine. Besides, it's so small that by glancing down at it for just a split second thereby taking your eyes off the road, it could be a safety problem. If you have to know the time and don't wear a wrist watch, get yourself one of those peel and stick MC clocks and stick it on the dash. They typically sell for around $30 and the numbers are bigger too.

Bill in Seattle
2013 Kymco Like 200i
True enough about the clock.   but at least in the USA the warranty is fully  transferable  for 2 years. Just contact kymco usa with your name and VIN...date of your purchase...they will let you know when the scooter was put into service on the roads...and where you are in the warranty period.
It does not involve any negotiations with a dealer....dealer must follow Kymco's regs or risk losing franchise with k
Kymco.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Hey there guys. Could you fit something like this ... I scored one of these neat little clocks for the pony ( a Venox cruiser ). I don't know if you have room on a scoots handlebars or not though ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
... and here's another angle ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
That clock looks awsome.com!!!

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
... and here's another angle ...
Very nice! What a classic look! Wish I could fit one on my scooter, but no handle bars- just plastic.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:35 PM »
Hey there guys. Could you fit something like this ... I scored one of these neat little clocks for the pony ( a Venox cruiser ). I don't know if you have room on a scoots handlebars or not though ...

I checked those out a couple years back and thought about having a machine shop fashion me a mount to install on the mirror stem. Never went any further than a thought. Your post got me thinking about it again. They are nice clocks. They even make a temperature gauge in the same style.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()