Author Topic: oil consumption  (Read 2553 times)

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: oil consumption
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »
I got another Super 9 LC, this one 2003 orange.  Same issue, all the oil drained out of the tank, ended up in the muffler.  I would be inclined to cut off the pump shaft at the gear that engages the crankshaft.  I am thinking the extra volume in the crankcase if you remove the pump and replace with freeze plug may change the airflow in the crankcase?  Before I did it, I would want to price a new pump, to replace if I wanted to go back to original set-up.  Cheers
Your fleet of Super  9's is getting huge! I'm jealous.  Wish they were selling here...  Still just that one that the guy won't budge in price. 

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »
Yes, a little ridiculous, I am getting afraid to look at CL, because I can't resist them.  This last one came in from Hollywood, CA.  The people that had it said they got it off Facebook for free.  It doesn't have a title, still working on that, but got it running, think it will be a good one.

Have you thought about People 50 2T's?  I have one and like it a lot, maybe as well as Super 9's.  There seem to be more People's than Super 9's around here.  There is like new People 50 2T here for $500, I am having a hard time resisting it, would have bought it but guy wouldn't answer his CL ad.  Then the Super 9 shows up, I bought it, and a couple of days later the guy with the People calls, still has it, so another dilemma.  When it rains it pours or something like that.  Be patient, save your $'s, your deal will come.

I did another gas/ oil computation:  59.7 mpg for gas, 49.3 to 1 or 2.6 oz per gallon oil, about the same as before, but a little less oil.  Maybe my record keeping was a little off, or I was on the gas a little less this 2nd time and used less oil?  I installed 108 main jet and took out 102, so next time my mpg should go down a little.  The 108 main jet was very significant, runs a lot better with larger main jet.  Temp 50/ 60's here on a nice day, so needs more gas for the cooler air, summer time temp 90/ 100's, big change in temp calls for different jet.

Cheers

1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
Yes, a little ridiculous, I am getting afraid to look at CL, because I can't resist them.  This last one came in from Hollywood, CA.  The people that had it said they got it off Facebook for free.  It doesn't have a title, still working on that, but got it running, think it will be a good one.

Have you thought about People 50 2T's?  I have one and like it a lot, maybe as well as Super 9's.  There seem to be more People's than Super 9's around here.  There is like new People 50 2T here for $500, I am having a hard time resisting it, would have bought it but guy wouldn't answer his CL ad.  Then the Super 9 shows up, I bought it, and a couple of days later the guy with the People calls, still has it, so another dilemma.  When it rains it pours or something like that.  Be patient, save your $'s, your deal will come.

I did another gas/ oil computation:  59.7 mpg for gas, 49.3 to 1 or 2.6 oz per gallon oil, about the same as before, but a little less oil.  Maybe my record keeping was a little off, or I was on the gas a little less this 2nd time and used less oil?  I installed 108 main jet and took out 102, so next time my mpg should go down a little.  The 108 main jet was very significant, runs a lot better with larger main jet.  Temp 50/ 60's here on a nice day, so needs more gas for the cooler air, summer time temp 90/ 100's, big change in temp calls for different jet.

Cheers
I was actually a few hours late on a people 2t.  I really wanted it, looked good, 200$ and all it needed was an exhaust, which I have lying around.  A friend of mine has one,  with the 50cc motor and stock pipe it was able to keep up easily when I had the cheap hoca kit on mine.  The malossi made a great difference.  He ended up putting a malossi on his,  he was pulling wheelies like a fool!  Something I still am too afraid to do...
I've been fretting about my jetting for the cold season as well.  But I actually had been running so rich that I took a step down to a 90 main and it does quite well. 

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »
$200 for People 50 2T sounds like good deal to me!  I am still working on Malossi BBK for my People, I messed up the build and hopefully can get it going, I am waiting on some parts to come in.

I guess you are running the OEM airbox? and performance pipe.  90 main jet seems small, would bog with my set-up? aftermarket airpod and Tecnigas Next-R pipe.  The People 50 2T loved 108 main and 45 slow jets with aftermarket airpod and Tecnigas Next-R pipe.  Sounded like a chainsaw working hard cutting down a tree, awesome.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 03:17:58 AM »
I am running the stock airbox, but modified to the point of having open airflow with the perks of the box.  It's a 90 in a 19mm arreche carb.  The stock carb I had a 95 that i made larger with a torch tip cleaner before the airbox mod. 
What happened to your kit? 

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
OK, 19mm carb, I don't know anything about larger carbs.  My kit for People 50?, I made all the mistakes with it, have a thread over in the People 50 section if you want to read gory details.  I now have all the parts to try and finish it, so may get it going soon.  I noticed yesterday, Malossi has final drive mod for People 50 2T now, might try if my kit goes well.  These scooters are fun...  Cheers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()