Author Topic: Discontinued in US?  (Read 6420 times)

bongoman

• View Profile
Re: Discontinued in US?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
Mine is 09 with fi. Touring I get from 45 to 55 depending upon load and how much of a headwind. 45mpg was my lowest: I was riding into a strong headwind most of the way with camping gear for a 5 day self-supported tour which meant saddlebags, tent and bedroll and topcase.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
Thanks Bongo-Dude. How many miles have you got on that beast now? I'm at about 63,000. :-*

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
My '09 is just over 37k now. Sold my '07 with about 37k on it and it was still running good. I do prefer the fi over carb. A little more power, and better mileage. Mine now has only two engine mods: a Zard muffler and free flow air filter as discussed previously. Runs really well, top end is 90mph, and it is really wound up to get there. I am 6'3" and just over 200lbs and usually have at least a top case. I do a lot of touring with top case and saddle bags, and many times with tent and bedroll for self-supported s'camping.

The Zard muffler is a slip on, nice sound. I got it with a db killer - that's what the Italians call it- that is interchangeable. One for street and one for racing. The racing one is loud and gives slightly better performance.

The rest of my mods are for comfort. And looks. Changed out handlebars for a motorcycle set and got the Dragon Custom risers. And a custom seat with a little more leg room by cutting off an inch of the two inserts which allowed the backrest or butt bumper to go back.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()