Author Topic: crankshaft  (Read 1421 times)

kirkbru

• View Profile
crankshaft
« on: November 03, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
Hi, all. I've a friend with a ZX Super Fever 50 from the year 2000 with a broken crankshaft. I'm willing to have at it, since I have the tools and have worked on a lot of my own stuff. I've seen a shop manual available as a download, but was wondering if anyone has experience replacing a crank and if there's anything special they might remember from having done it. Thanks!

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: crankshaft
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
Hi, all. I've a friend with a ZX Super Fever 50 from the year 2000 with a broken crankshaft. I'm willing to have at it, since I have the tools and have worked on a lot of my own stuff. I've seen a shop manual available as a download, but was wondering if anyone has experience replacing a crank and if there's anything special they might remember from having done it. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum .
Yes, I have swapped the crank. My zx had the crank break in half. Check out my old threads. They do male a tool that helps but not needed...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
Make sure you buy, crank seals left and right, new crank bearings and the case gasket. Big old mallet will be your friend getting it out. When you are ready to install, put the bearings in the freezer overnight. Heat the case halves where the bearings go with a torch (install the seals after!!!) Then the frozen bearing will just slip in. Freeze the crank and repeat, heating the bearings. You'll have to put the case halves together pretty quick before the crank heats up, it's a bitch. When you have the case halves torqued up spin the crank and if it didn't e move freely tap it lightly left and right until there is no resistance spinning it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Pellepan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 08:32:06 AM »
Old thread but want your opinions. :)

Also think I need to replace mine since earlier owner drove it without airbox and a lot of crap has torn the cylinder etc.. Also Kymco ZX 50.

Do anyone have any preferences which crankshaft one should get? So that it hold for 70cc lightly tuned?

Cheap vs expensive, what did you get? Would a octane 101 be fine?

This is sexy though: Malossi MHR Crankshaft 537604, will it fit without problems? I guess you can't have a oilpump then, must go premix.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()