Author Topic: Buying a used Quannon 150  (Read 3184 times)

yankeeclipper

• View Profile
Buying a used Quannon 150
« on: October 30, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
I am going to look at a second hand Quannon 150 this weekend. Looking for some advice on what to look for and if this might be the right bike for me.

First off I am a bigger guy 6ft and about 220lbs (working on getting that number down further). I grew up on dirt bikes but never had a street bike. My friend and I took a class and received our motorcycle endorsements recently. He went out and bought a brand new machine then proceeded to dump it. I figured I would get something affordable, I can ride around town and to work, and pile drive into a curb a few times with no heart break. The plan is to buy something now and trade it in/sell it at the end of next summer for a Honda XR650 or CRF250L. 

The bike, its a craigslist find, 2010 with 12k miles, a busted mirror, and described as running great but needs a new carb to run perfect "only $65 on eBay so dont worry" $800 cash

Common issues I should look for?
Is sourcing a replacement carb difficult, are they difficult to rebuild?

I am not totally inept and if the parts are available have no qualms rebuilding a carb, replacing fuel lines, changing spark plugs. I am concerned with rebuilding shocks and finding someone that will touch the brakes (I can do it, just have made it a habit on all cars and bikes to have it done professionally). We do have a scooter store in town that sources Kymco. I haven't stopped by and talked to their people yet.

Thank you all! I am looking forward to potentially joining the Kymco family.

mennydaddy88

• View Profile
Re: Buying a used Quannon 150
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
I am going to look at a second hand Quannon 150 this weekend. Looking for some advice on what to look for and if this might be the right bike for me.

First off I am a bigger guy 6ft and about 220lbs (working on getting that number down further). I grew up on dirt bikes but never had a street bike. My friend and I took a class and received our motorcycle endorsements recently. He went out and bought a brand new machine then proceeded to dump it. I figured I would get something affordable, I can ride around town and to work, and pile drive into a curb a few times with no heart break. The plan is to buy something now and trade it in/sell it at the end of next summer for a Honda XR650 or CRF250L. 

The bike, its a craigslist find, 2010 with 12k miles, a busted mirror, and described as running great but needs a new carb to run perfect "only $65 on eBay so dont worry" $800 cash

Common issues I should look for?
Is sourcing a replacement carb difficult, are they difficult to rebuild?

I am not totally inept and if the parts are available have no qualms rebuilding a carb, replacing fuel lines, changing spark plugs. I am concerned with rebuilding shocks and finding someone that will touch the brakes (I can do it, just have made it a habit on all cars and bikes to have it done professionally). We do have a scooter store in town that sources Kymco. I haven't stopped by and talked to their people yet.

Thank you all! I am looking forward to potentially joining the Kymco family.
Well it's too bad your not closer I have a 2010 kymco 150cc less then 3000 miles , a couple very minor cosmetic issues but I'm selling mine for $1000 now.  And it's mechanically sound and doing well

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()